“60th Birthday Party” 4 of 5 stars

01934 710337
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Swan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Wedmore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“60th Birthday Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Attended our friends 60th birthday celebration here at the Swan recently. When I was given the menu to pre-order I was not too impressed by the choice on offer. However when the food was served I was very wrong to have prejudged. It was all very tasty, just not enough of it. The Private Room was wonderful. Might go back one day

Visited March 2013

Somerset
“Dinner Party in Club Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked the Club Room at the Swan about 3 months ago for a surprise party. I was extremely impressed with the professionalism, help and organisation I was given to make sure my party was a success. We had a superb evening and the food, service and general ambiance of the venue was excellent. All our guests commented on the super food and lovely venue. Thank you 'The Swan'. You made a celebration special by providing a super venue, superb food and excellent service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London
“I wish we had a pub like this near us!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We walked in on the off chance there would be a table on easter sunday and were fortunate that we beat the lunchtime rush by about 15 mins. As a previous reviewer commented, although it was busy the staff were indeed friendly (and smiley) and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed a burger (never underestimate the power of a really tasty and quality made burger, rare, and good chips) and smoked haddock rarebit. Quite tempted to return before the end of our holiday. Would recommend.

Somerset
“Mixed Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Visited with friends for Sunday lunch. We ate in the restaurant but sat in the bar area for a while at first,having a drink. We had booked a table and were offered a choice of two in the restaurant area. It was very busy, but the staff were very efficient and attentive. I really liked the atmosphere and decor of the place, some very unsusal decor too! Three of us had starters which were all superb. We had different main courses. Three of us enjoyed it, my husband didn't. He ordered the roast beef and unfortunately the beef was quite cold, so when we were asked if everything was okay he mentioned this to the member of staff. The meal was taken away and he received a complete new meal within minutes which we were impressed with, however he thought the beef was actually quite tough. We had desserts which were lovely, so overall I thought The Swan was very good. The only other comments I would make is that we had to wait quite a while between our starter and main course, although personally I didn't find it too much of a problem. However, I did ask before we ordered our meal if the sea bass was a fillet or whole. The member of staff wasn't sure but said that unless it stated it was a fillet it usually wasn't, they didn't ask the chef though to find out. Subsequently I didn't order the sea bass, however my friends did and when the meal arrived it wasn't a whole fish and I wished therefore that I had ordered it! I did think that the member of staff should have known, or found out,

Overall, it is a lovely place, most of our food was delicious, but for the price, it all should have been delicious.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We ate here for lunch, we would have preferred to eat in the restaurant but we hadn't booked so I think we were lucky to get a table in the bar! It was very, very busy. The food was lovely: I started with the curried cauliflower soup, which was good, the accompanying bread was delicious. I then had the lamb with lentils, the lamb was a bit fatty but the accompaying lentils were almost a meal on their own. I finished with the coffee parfait, toasted walnuts and crumble- the highlight of a very good meal. My husband started with the mackerel, which was a work of art and tasted delicious, followed by the very popular organic beef burger and fries, both delicious, and followed it with an almond and orange polenta cake with homemade vanilla ice cream, he loved it. The coffees afterwards were very good quality. There was a lovely ambiance here and the staff were both charming and professional. We're looking forward to trying the restaurant!

• Visited March 2013