“DONT BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Bath
“DONT BOTHER TO WASTE YOUR TIME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

As a family we have visited Barbados and enjoyed every moment on many many occasions
We tried to visit Cin Cin during our trip in 2011 and was unable to book a table.
So this trip 2012 we were determined not to miss out and booked early, and then had to cancel due to a problem we encountered but we were then able to book another night.
We had booked a waterside table at 8.30pm, we arrived at 8.25pm and made ourselves known at the desk, we were "told" to take a seat,( rather than shown a seat ) after some time it became clear that we were not going to have an order for drinks being taken from us and my husband approached the bar to order, he was "told" to sit down and a waiter would come to us.
We placed our drinks order and it arrived without further incident, we then waited and waited and waited to be shown to our table.
At 8.55 a waiter approached and offered to get further drinks I then asked when our table would be ready? he said he would find out.
After a further 5 mins a further waiter appeared and stated he was trying to arrange "waterside" dining for us and to be patient please, He walked away before we could advise him that he really wasnt doing us a favour as this is what we had already booked.( And there was 3 tables that had not been cleared at waterside )
A further 10 mins passed and I called yet a further waiter to me and explained how long we had waited and unless we are shown to our table Very soon we would not bother to eat there.
A lady then approached us and her attitude left a lot to be desired, she stated that our table had been ready for a long time and "we should have said we wanted to be seated".
I told her we had booked a table for 8.30pm and it was their place to advise me that my table was ready, and beside that I had spoken to 3 different waiters during the 40mis I had waited and told them about my table.
Her excuse was " I must have spoken to " the man who's wife had fallen down the stairs"
( What that had to do with my table, I would not know, but it was 3 different people I had spoken to anyway ) When I explained that and the fact that I considered it their place to advise me when my table was ready ( as they were doing to other clients ) she pulled a face at me, I was astounded, and did my best to ignore the face pulling and said yet again IS MY TABLE READY PLEASE? She walked away with an attitude saying I will find you one.
At that I decided enough was enough and we all got up and left NEVER TO RETURN.
I have NEVER been treated like this in Barbados from the kentucky fried chicken to the Sandy lane hotel and everything in between during 18 visits to the Island.
I will NEVER return to this restaurant and always direct anyone to " The Cliff " for service and excellent food and a divine setting.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
michellerogers2010, Owner at Cin Cin by the Sea, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
All you Tripadvisor followers should be aware that this blogger truly displayed a sheer lack of understanding and compassion. Her table was ready but as she requested to go to her table to her bar waiter who made his way towards me I had literally put down the phone and informed him that we had received an emergency phone call that his wife, with child I might add, which was explained to this customer had fallen down a flight of stairs. We as a Cin Cin family flew into a bit of a panic and quickly arranged a ride for him to get to the hospital to be by his wife's side. This woman waited all of 15 minutes!!! When I went to her to apologize and explain the slight delay she replied "what's that got to do with me" - a question rather than a question....to which I did raise my eyebrows - who wouldn't??? I was appalled by attitude. I then asked if she would like to go to the table and then she got up and stomped off out of the restaurant followed by her very quiet husband and her teenage son who hung his head and shrugged his shoulders at me.... Good heavens show a bit of humanity please!!! As it happened the young waiter's wife lost her baby that night and I wrote to this woman privately and explained how serious the situation had been and then she reviewed me again just for spite. You can imagine I was mortified by her display of heartless compassion for another human being. I have never been so shocked at a customers unfeeling attitude to any of my staff in my long career, it was more than disappointing. So bloggers this woman never ate at Cin Cin and refused an apology for a 15 minute delay....make your own assumptions.

PULBOROUGH
“Really lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Lovely setting! Cocktails and food was lovely. The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere was lovelly. Quite a chic venue!

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Trendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

One of my top five in the area. Food was very good, and the service was impeccable. Lovely view - we had to book another night from what we originally intended to get a water side table, and I am glad we did.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“A great memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The atmosphere at Cin Cin provided the backdrop for a great dining experience for my wife, 22 year old daughter and me. We had a waterside table and we had the sense we were overlooking our own small private beach. Decor is unique and fresh, service was friendly, and the food was outstanding. Pan friend gnocchi was a great starter. Not sure which we'd recommend more highly, as we tried a variety of items: the lamb, scallops and chicken breast. Truly all were top of the line. i had a mango and apple crumble with caramel ice cream -i found to be unique and a perfect culmination of the meal. For our week in Barbados our meal at Cin Cin might end up being the highlight and certainly a lasting great memory!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best Restaurant on the West Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We booked in as a family for dinner on the 4th July during a 10 night stay in Barbados. During our stay we ate at all of the top restaurants on the West coast. On arrival we were greeted on entry and offered cocktails at the bar before being shown to our water side table. The service was first class and the children were able to choose from a mixture of the special 4th July menu or the standard menu. The appetisers were unusual and delicious, as was the rest of the meal. Small things like hooks on the table for the ladies handbags, staff opening the doors between the bar and terrace and waitresses on hand to fold and reset napkins when you left the table to powder your nose really made the difference. We were treated to a firework display at no extra cover charge and had a wonderful evening. Our children aged 9, 18 & 21 unanimously voted to return to Cin Cin for a second time during our holiday above all other restaurants that we visited including, amongst others, the Cliff, Tides and Bajan Blue, Sandy Lane. This visit was on our last evening and again Cin Cin lived up to our expectations.

This is a new, contemporary restaurant that has been cleverly designed and finished to a high specification, great ambiance, great food, priced competitively with its peers, ideal for family groups or groups of friends... We will be back; possibly in November!