“A very pleasant place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frasers

You added Frasers to your Saves list
Frasers
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Barham's Mill Rd, Coldharbour Farm, Egerton TN27 9DD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Egerton B&B and Inns
saddleworth
“A very pleasant place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Tucked away in the Kent countryside, this small hotel and event venue is ideal for a quiet 'away from it all' break. Well situated for Leeds Castle and trips to the South coast. The rooms are separate to the main building but better for it. The restaurant is in a large contemporary oak room and is excellent. The food, service and standards are as good as anywhere and better than most. The chef is talented and very friendly as are all the staff.
The bedrooms are in converted small buildings and oast house and are beautifully fitted to a high standard. The bathrooms are modern and stylish. You will be well looked after here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Attended a wedding at this fantastic venue - setting amazing, food fantastic, staff and owner polite, friendly, welcoming and professional - cannot fault it. Highly recommended if you need a venue for any type of event.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

In Jan 2013 we held and intimate family dinner for my dad, Lisa and Jo from Frasers stepped up again and very considerately helped out with our family allergy issue, in the morning I left Flowers, banners and balloons, which were beautifully arranged for our arrival. Food and service were excellent, thank you. Then we spent several months telling our friends how great it was at Frasers so much so a very close friend decided to hold there wedding there. Lisa and Co. were there to advise, organise and guide them, that culminated in a beautiful wedding ceremony, afternoon and evening reception to rival any 'A' list do! You see the secret to there success is easy, 1) - they listen, 2) - they do exactly what YOU want them to do, not what they want to do, 3) - perfection achieved for your event/occasion. Thank you again Frasers, another two occasions expertly carried out! Congratulations on your recent 5 star award most certainly deserved!!

Room Tip: If you have the funds go for the Blenheim, superb! Although all the others are high spec as well!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We came across this gem of a hotel through Secret Escapes. We were looking for a short break to recharge our batteries before dealing with a busy summer for both of us and Frasers delivered the perfect short break. The staff were most welcoming and were very keen to make sure we had everything we needed for a stress free stay. We pre ordered evening meals for both nights and each evening the food was excellent and the service was unhurried. The choice for breakfast was vast with a breakfast buffet, porridge and then various options for cooked breakfast. We appreciated the staff taking time to talk to us about the local area and the places of interest nearby.

The rural location was perfect for us to be away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. There is no wifi which for us was a good thing and if you needed to make a mobile phone call there were pockets of signal if you wanted to look for them!

We will certainly look to book again and would highly recommend Frasers for a restful and relaxing break.

Thanks to Jo, Val and Alan for making out stay extra special!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from a weekend at Fraser's and it was the most relaxing and peaceful weekend retreat ever!

Arrived to.a warm welcome and stayed in the Russell suite. Gorgeous decor, the MOST comfortable bed and lovely bathroom with big bath, exposed stone walls.

We put our cases in and set off for the Chapel Down vineyard in Tenterden and bought some of their fizz.... Got back to Fraser's and sun!

We cracked open our Prosecco gift and unpacked and then sat in the sun outside our room - glorious.

Dinner was delicious and the attention for the staff is a good balance of chatty and helpful but not encroaching. Had the best nights sleep ever. Full English Breakfast is huge so order with caution! The cold, buffet is delicious. Yoghurt was to die for as was the Apple juice. Eggs Benedict was favourite.

Love that there is no 3G or mobile signal x x
Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The best secret hideaway in Kent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We held our wedding reception at Frasers on the 12th October 2012 and our day was more than we could have ever wished for. Frasers had always been my dream wedding venue since we attended our friends wedding a few years before. I was thrilled when I found out that Lisa could cater for us at such short notice.
We only had seven weeks so the mad planning commenced. Lisa and Jo went above and beyond for us and were able to take care of all the little extras that make your day so special. They also helped with sourcing local cheeses as we wanted a cheese wedding cake and the evening entertainment. The wedding bible they provided was also brilliant and covered a lot of things that I had not thought about.
The day before the wedding I arrived with all my table plans, favour's, cake and flowers as I had decided to do my own flower arrangements. I was running rather late as the flower arranging took longer at the church than anticipated but Lisa kindly offered to take care of everything for me (what a relief ).
On the day everything just flowed perfectly and Lisa and Jo blew us both away with how they had dressed the barn and marquee. We had photos taken in the grounds and by Lisa's pond as our guests relaxed in the beautiful setting. We only had around 55 people during the day so were all able to be seated in the comfort of the barn. The wedding breakfast was relaxed and the food and staff were amazing.
Our evening guests arrived and everything continued to flow perfectly. I have to say the bacon rolls that we had in the evening were the best I've ever tasted . I'm so pleased that our close friends and family were able to stay the night at Frasers, otherwise I would have felt the day was over to quickly. Everyone slept comfortably and the rooms were immaculate and of a very high standard. It was great catching up with everyone again in the morning over breakfast and its nice to know that all the meat is from local butchers.
I can honestly say that planning my wedding was stress free from start to finnish and that we would not have changed a single thing. A lot of that is down to Lisa and Jo and we can't thank and praise you all at Frasers enough. My only regret is that we can't do it every year. X

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night on Friday 7th June as a surprise for my partner's birthday. I booked direct with the hotel, although it was being featured on Secret Escapes at the time. I chose this place because of the location (we wanted a rural getaway), because it looked a bit different and the luxurious rooms. Frasers did not disappoint!

Firstly, let me start by saying how helpful and kind the staff were. As I'm pregnant, there were certain things in the dinner menu I couldn't really eat. When I explained this to them via email before our stay, I felt like the team bent over backwards to cook me something I could eat and enjoy instead. When we arrived, we were greeted by a receptionist and the chef who we had a pleasant chat with and made us feel very welcome.

We stayed in the Laxton suite which was very quirky (it's in a restored oast house) and had gorgeous decor. We really appreciated the surprising amount of space we had in this room. Only downside was the shower curtain in the bathroom - although spotlessly clean, I would have expected there to be a proper shower door to be in keeping with the style of the room. Plus points - a huge bath and bed - you could get lost in both!

We stayed on a DBB basis. We were able to pre order our food when we arrived which we were fine with. As there aren't many rooms, everyone eats in the converted barn / reception area. Unlike some reviewers on here, I didn't find this awkward at all. There were a few other people eating dinner when we arrived but we had a long, intimate meal without any interruption. Food was delicious and we weren't kept waiting for long either which was great.

Best night's sleep we had in a while - its so quiet and dark as you really are in the middle of nowhere!

Breakfast was yummy and there was a great selection of cereals, fruit etc to choose from.

We were sad to pack up and leave, wish we'd booked two nights, though now we know the hotel has a babysitting service we will definitely be looking at coming back when our bubba is born!

Thanks again to Jo, the chef and the rest of the team for making our stay short but sweet!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Frasers? Share your experiences!