“Words almost fail me (in a good way)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frasers

You added Frasers to your Saves list
Frasers
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Barham's Mill Rd, Coldharbour Farm, Egerton TN27 9DD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Egerton B&B and Inns
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Words almost fail me (in a good way)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have just arrived home from our stay at Fraser's and couldnt be more depressed... We want to go back!!
We stayed two nights in the Blenheim suite. Everything was absolutely perfect. Fantastic food, great staff and a lovely setting.
Nothing seemed too much-Lisa and no want out of their way to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. Jo even drive us to the station when there were no taxis! All of the staff were attentive yet not intrusive.
Having read some of the reviews on here before our stay we were slightly concerned but I honestly have no idea what people complain about.
Thank you so much for making our last few days so special, we shall definitely be back!!! X

Room Tip: If possible go for the Blenheim suite but all are exceptional
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

After being recommended to Frasers we were not disappointed. I decided to book us a romantic night away as a birthday treat for my hubby and what a treat it was. On arrival we were met with a warm welcome and shown to our amazing accommodation. The room was great with views of the countryside and a very cosy feeling along with the bathroom of my dreams (and plenty of hot water). When it came to dinner the food was fantastic, well spaced out and reasonably priced alcohol to go with it. Every bit of our stay was brilliant and I could not rate the staff higher, we are already planning our next visit......

• Stayed March 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Perfect! From the moment we arrived we were treated with such courtesy. Our suite-Blenheim-was superb, complete with 4-poster bed and circular bathroom, chocolates and champagne. The meals were a gastronomic delight, and the staff magnificent in their attention to detail and service-they all knew just how to make us feel "at home" and when to leave us unobtrusively. It was a truly wonderful experience!!
Colin

Room Tip: All rooms appear decorated to a high standard. Blenheim is probably the most romantic!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fawkham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed and dined at Frasers several times in the recent past and have always found it a wonderful place. The accomodation is outstanding, beautiful rooms with a lot of thought put into each room to make it individual. The food and standard of services never fails to impress. So much so that I recently held a 21st cocktail party there for my sons 21st Birthday. It was amazing, Lisa and staff were so accomodatiing. I know that they organise this sort of thing all the time, but they made me feel that they could not do enough to help. I wanted it to be perfect, I dont know why I worried, It was more that perfect. It was fantastic. All the guest commented on what a great place Frasers is, the location is ideal. Some stayed in over night accomadation on my recommendation. They were not dissapointed. Several could not manage to get booked in and had to stay in other B&Bs, pubs nearby. They were very jealous when shown our rooms. Anyway well done Frasers, a BIG pat on the back from me. Would recommend to anyone. Looking forward to next visit, might try afternoon tea this time, sound good. although may have to make extra visits to gym to work off all the lovely food.

Room Tip: All rooms are idividual and all beautiful. Take your pick you wont be dissappointed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My partner and I had an early valentine treat away - something quite naughty about going away mid-week! Lisa and Jo were brill', friendly and welcoming. The setting is really beautiful and I can't wait to visit in the Summer to see Frasers in all its' glory. The food was fantastic, my partner is a trained chef and couldn't fault it ... the chef even came to the rescue with a tube of toothpaste for us... but that's another story!
Our room was beautiful and had some lovely touches although I would have liked a full length mirror tucked away for when I got ready.
I can only agree with Ipfern82 in as much as I am not too keen to share this fabulous bolt hole with anyone .... it's my secret!!!!And as for Terry T, your wife got it wrong, why would you want to take a farmer to a farm to get away from it all anyway? Enough said!!
I'm actually going to Frasers with my mother for afternoon tea for Mothers Day, my partner is not very happy I'm going without him!! Enjoy!

London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am a very busy farmer and do not get a lot of time away and when we do its a military operation to get things organized .By way of a surprise my wife wanted to give me a night away so we could relax and spend some quality time together .Knowing how fussy i am and wanting not just good service but value for money she set about trying to locate a venue where she hoped i would have a great time .Like most people her first point of call was this site and when you read the reviews "WOW" sounds like Claridges but in kent !So she booked based on the feedback and reviews left by others .I started to panic the minute we left the main road and started driving down very narrow unlit lanes ,on arrival at Frasers you are met by a long bumpy farm track full of potholes a reception sign is nailed on an old log the final approach you may have to wing it as its not clear which way you have to go .The main building looks great as a converted barn but thats it ,reception is a metal desk borrowed from the kitchen ,NO BAR ,two sofas next to the dinner tables .The rooms at first glance look pleasant ,but look deeper and you will find hair/ dust behind tables and chairs dust and dirt covering most surfaces and dont look under the bed ! Plus point you do have electricity and a colour tv !I then decided to read the reviews myself ....Could all the great ones been written by Stevie Wonder?As a writer myself(in my spare time ) its clear that most of the reviews have been written by proffessionals in the industry to enhance Frasers reputation ,read closely Joe Bloggs in the street does not use words like beautiful ,enrich,or fantastical .Dinner was a long drawn out affair as you had nothing else to do AND i mean nothing no bar ,no seating nothing the nearest pub is 5\6 miles away .The starters were ok nothing special and the pork resembled 3 meatballs drizzled in sauce .If you wanted a bottle of wine £26.50 with only bottled stella or becks at £3.00 You will need £60.00 for some of the better champagnes,If you manage to sleep without next doors guests keeping you up then you will be the lucky ones take some ear plugs .My wife at one point was crying but as i pointed out it was not here fault and we tried to make the best of it .There is an old saying "SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ?" IT USUALLY IS !

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same very dated and bright colour schemes
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was treated to an overnight stay here on the 23rd February (Booked through secret escapes)

Having read the previous reviews on the state of the road leading up to the establishment we drove a little more cautions than usual, but really no need - Yes there were a few pot holes but not enough to cause a good driver any problems.

The room we stayed in was the discovery suite - This was away from the main part of the complex, where dinner and breakfast are served, but only a 2 minute walk around a quaint little pond / lane. The room itself was great, it had a huge bed, a great open rain shower and a deep bath. There was also an adjoining sitting room which I put to good use the following day to watch MOTD so as not to wake my wife!! The only "minor" things we thought could be better in the rooms was the size of the TV screens, and before I get lynched about why would I be paying to stay in a room to watch the telly, I would defend myself by saying if you are going to have 2 screens in a room they should be apportioned to the room size and suitably positioned so you can see the one in bedroom while actually laying on the bed (First gripe over) The second thing we found strange was we were not offered a morning paper which I thought the norm now and lastly there were no glasses for pouring ourselves a drink - Admittedly we could have asked for glasses.

The meal in the evening was fantastic and the wine (we chose the Bachus from Chapel Down) was great - The breakfast was not as good as the evening meal as they overcooked my poached egg to within an inch of its life.

Overall a good place to stay and we would go back.

Lee & Claire

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Frasers? Share your experiences!