“VERY VERY MISLEADING !!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Frasers

You added Frasers to your Saves list
Frasers
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Barham's Mill Rd, Coldharbour Farm, Egerton TN27 9DD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Egerton B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“VERY VERY MISLEADING !!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am a very busy farmer and do not get a lot of time away and when we do its a military operation to get things organized .By way of a surprise my wife wanted to give me a night away so we could relax and spend some quality time together .Knowing how fussy i am and wanting not just good service but value for money she set about trying to locate a venue where she hoped i would have a great time .Like most people her first point of call was this site and when you read the reviews "WOW" sounds like Claridges but in kent !So she booked based on the feedback and reviews left by others .I started to panic the minute we left the main road and started driving down very narrow unlit lanes ,on arrival at Frasers you are met by a long bumpy farm track full of potholes a reception sign is nailed on an old log the final approach you may have to wing it as its not clear which way you have to go .The main building looks great as a converted barn but thats it ,reception is a metal desk borrowed from the kitchen ,NO BAR ,two sofas next to the dinner tables .The rooms at first glance look pleasant ,but look deeper and you will find hair/ dust behind tables and chairs dust and dirt covering most surfaces and dont look under the bed ! Plus point you do have electricity and a colour tv !I then decided to read the reviews myself ....Could all the great ones been written by Stevie Wonder?As a writer myself(in my spare time ) its clear that most of the reviews have been written by proffessionals in the industry to enhance Frasers reputation ,read closely Joe Bloggs in the street does not use words like beautiful ,enrich,or fantastical .Dinner was a long drawn out affair as you had nothing else to do AND i mean nothing no bar ,no seating nothing the nearest pub is 5\6 miles away .The starters were ok nothing special and the pork resembled 3 meatballs drizzled in sauce .If you wanted a bottle of wine £26.50 with only bottled stella or becks at £3.00 You will need £60.00 for some of the better champagnes,If you manage to sleep without next doors guests keeping you up then you will be the lucky ones take some ear plugs .My wife at one point was crying but as i pointed out it was not here fault and we tried to make the best of it .There is an old saying "SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ?" IT USUALLY IS !

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same very dated and bright colour schemes
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was treated to an overnight stay here on the 23rd February (Booked through secret escapes)

Having read the previous reviews on the state of the road leading up to the establishment we drove a little more cautions than usual, but really no need - Yes there were a few pot holes but not enough to cause a good driver any problems.

The room we stayed in was the discovery suite - This was away from the main part of the complex, where dinner and breakfast are served, but only a 2 minute walk around a quaint little pond / lane. The room itself was great, it had a huge bed, a great open rain shower and a deep bath. There was also an adjoining sitting room which I put to good use the following day to watch MOTD so as not to wake my wife!! The only "minor" things we thought could be better in the rooms was the size of the TV screens, and before I get lynched about why would I be paying to stay in a room to watch the telly, I would defend myself by saying if you are going to have 2 screens in a room they should be apportioned to the room size and suitably positioned so you can see the one in bedroom while actually laying on the bed (First gripe over) The second thing we found strange was we were not offered a morning paper which I thought the norm now and lastly there were no glasses for pouring ourselves a drink - Admittedly we could have asked for glasses.

The meal in the evening was fantastic and the wine (we chose the Bachus from Chapel Down) was great - The breakfast was not as good as the evening meal as they overcooked my poached egg to within an inch of its life.

Overall a good place to stay and we would go back.

Lee & Claire

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked oour stay at the very last minute and could not have been more surprised that the detail highlighted in the excellent website was reflected in the attention to detail from our intial phone call to Lisa to confirm our booking, to the reception we recieved on arrival at the reception lounge. We were presented with a thermos flask of milk and shown to our circular very well appointed suite for out stay. From the Moulton Brown toiletries and towelling robes and slippers to the circular bedroom and range of clipper teas and local coffees we felt we had made an excellent choice. The package include breakfast & dinner and our expectations were exceeded by the simple but very local menu and the use of local produce where food providence could be measured in miles! The customer service shown by the whole team was excellent and included being asked if we wanted lobster with our seafood feast on the second night by Alan the head chef when we arrived for dinner on our first night. Overall the location gave us an opportuntity to explore the kent countryside but provided us with and excellent customer experiance that we will defiantly by trying again later in the year.

Room Tip: Call the team first and discuss any local foods that you would like to try during your stay and make...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My hubby booked a stay at Fraser's as a surprise for my 30th birthday and it was fantastic!
Nothing was too much for Lisa and Jo to organise for us and when my husband was planning the stay they sorted everything for him, including flowers in our room and a massage.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the beautiful Blenheim suite. It was total luxury.
We had an amazing 3 course meal and not only was the chef a fantastic cook he was also really friendly and made us feel very welcome.
I can not recommend Fraser's highly enough, we will definitely be back. I'm not sure what "ken g's" fascination with pavements is all about but it wasn't a shock to me that a driveway on a working farm has potholes.
My dilemma now is do I tell everyone how great the place is or do I keep t to myself?
*****

• Stayed February 2013
Betchworth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well obviously my and my lady's expectations are a lot higher than some of our fellow travelers that have used Frasers.
I will start at the approach this establishment, the "drive" is an extremely well potholed farm track, maximum speed idling or have a smashed under carriage. Pot holes in some places at least 6inches deep and almost all joined together.
The reception, there is not one. You enter what turned out to be the dining area, bar and reception all rolled into one, not very higenic considering all would be eating there later. Fortunately on our first night 13th February 2013 my lady and I were the only ones to eat at dinner time because as happened on the following night when several couples turned up the seating area had run out of space to sit, two 2 seater settees were provided as a lounge area for about should all rooms be filled, 16 guests. The late arrivals had to sit at their tables.
The cabin which was about 50/75 yards from reception across an open car park was approached along a path which was in bad need of attention. The paving that was there was cracked or missing, the mud patches made up the rest. The plant bed outside the doors had not seen attention for very long time and looked very sad. The inside was clean and comfortable enough, however it did not have a phone link to anywhere outside, in an emergency this would not have been good, not everyone has a mobile phone, as the "reception closed at 2200hrs. The lighting was appalling, the ladies do like to apply their makeup in good light no matter their age. The wardrobe had no handles making it difficult to open and close although it had ample room. There was plenty of storage in the form of chests of drawers.
The bathroom was well furnished however once again the lighting was terrible, difficult to keep water in the sink as the plug mechanism was faulty.
The 14th of February which was supposed to be a great day for my lady started with a walk through our mud path then a quick dash through the rain to the "reception,dining and bar area" to have breakfast. The service was good although a little rough round the edges, not a very seasoned staff, however very cheery and helpful. The cook deserves the best praise of all the food cooked to perfection and tasting very good definitely a man to hold on to.
A surprise trip for my lady to celebrate 10yrs of our relationship which I had to apologise for and will try to make up for it next year.

Room Tip: Try to get one in the oast part of the complex not as far from main building by a few yards.
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Back in December I visited Frasers with my then boyfriend (now Fiance) for a special weekend away. We were looking for a beautiful romantic escape and we were not disappointed. We booked a night in the Blenheim suite with a 3 course dinner and breakfast. On arrival we were taken to our room with a thermos flask of fresh milk (a must for the perfect English cuppa!) which went perfectly with the slice of cake that was left next to the wide selection of teas and coffee. The room itself is beautiful, it has a downstairs seating area which has a set of stairs opposite the door which lead you to a huge four poster bed, dressing area and not one but 2 bathrooms. The Bathroom within the oast house is truly magnificent, the huge Whirlpool bath definitely has enough room for 2, the Molton Brown products were just the icing on the cake.

When arriving for dinner we were greeted by Lisa (the owner of Frasers) who welcomed us into the restaurant like we were one of her oldest friends. We had already pre-chosen our food so the only decision to make was what wine to have. Alcohol was reasonably priced, which surprised us as usually with a pre-chosen meal you are caught out by the astronomical prices.

On booking my partner mentioned that I am Gluten-Free, this was the only time that we had to mention it during our stay, Lisa re-assured us that everything that I would be served was GF, ensuring that I had a worry free experience (believe me this is a rare occurrence !)

The evening was well spaced out, we had enough time to enjoy our evening and talk between courses (I hate being rushed) after all we were there for a romantic, relaxing time, why not take our time?

The food is exquisite, both dinner and breakfast were outstanding, I would not hesitate recommending Frasers for a romantic, idyllic getaway.

On Christmas Day when we got engaged I could not wait to book an appointment to go back to Frasers to discuss having our wedding there. We have now secured our wedding date and I can't wait..... It's just a shame its a year away.

Room Tip: Book the Blenheim Suite, its definitely worth paying extra
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This fantastic place is where me and my partner got engaged
We very fortunately somehow had the place to ourselves (my partner insists this was planned lol)
What can I say views out of this world in the most amazing Blenhem suite, what a suite!!
Not a warlpool bath as it looks in pics but amazing, comfy as well luxurious
But staff went way above anything you could hope
Food was sooo good really 11/10
Everything you can see and taste is fresh and local
Worth the money for the views and the way the staff make you feel like royaltie
Natalie and Neil xx

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Frasers? Share your experiences!