“Thermal Baths” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Amatitlan
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Thermal water tourist center, with a unique architecture and which provides our clients with pools, steam baths, hydro therapy, Spa with different natural and organic treatments, restaurant and private parking.
3 attraction reviews
“Thermal Baths”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was the first time going here. The drive there was tricky since it was kind of hidden and directions weren't that great but I'm glad I was able to go. The hotel is beautiful and very peaceful. The pools are very clean and soothing but you need to pay attention to the temperatures since each one varies in degrees. They are awesome and their massages are the best! The town is not pretty at all but the thermal baths are definitely worth it!

3 attraction reviews
“A very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice spa. The outdoor pools were very crowded on a teusday, but the treatments and the masseurs were professional and worth their price. I highly recommend the coffee and cocoa peeling.
In case you decide to visit, do not forget to book the treatments in advance over the phone, otherwise you might have to turn back around after arriving. In order to get to the spa from antigua you can simply call and arrange for a car to pick you up at any time for 10$ a person both ways.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Wonderful alone time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to this spa on the last full day of my trip to Guatemala. It was JUST what I needed. So relaxing, so beautiful, a real treat.
I was guided around patiently and expertly by the gentleman who picked me up from my hostel an hour away, and I found the staff to be friendly, helpful and very warm. The thermal circuit in the pools was wonderful: hot to cold to warm and back again. Such a pleasure.
My massage with Elizabeth was outstanding, and between my lack of Spanish and her lack of English, we laughed a lot but made ourselves understood.
What a fantastic day!

Clayton, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Interesting place but service poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I visited the spa with a friend after spending the morning hiking Pacaya Volcano. When we arrived, we purchased the most expensive package which was only about $90/person, a steal compared to spa treatments in the states. We first went in a round of the thermal waters, which was nice but a bit painful! The hot water was VERY hot and the cold VERY cold. They have a person that is supposed to be with you and 'guide' you however they talked to each other and were on their phones the whole time and I'm pretty sure we were forgotten about in the pools a couple times. We ordered two different smoothies, and were served the same one. Minor complaint. Then we had the steam room and bath. It was really not very nice, a cramped space and the tub was large but just a cement square and not comfortable at all. When I asked for more towels since the steam had made mine wet, the staff seemed annoyed. After, we wanted to eat since we hadn't had lunch yet, but they said no that we had services booked back to back. When checking in, we were given no choice about times of services. Who books four hours of services back to back without time to eat, especially having just come from a hike? The tour had been booked together, and there was no lunch included. I had to argue with about 4 different staff, who were clearly annoyed with me for wanting to eat and making them do extra work to rearrange our treatment times. They tried telling me I could have a half hour massage instead so I would have a half hour to eat. Although I had PAID for an hour massage. Finally they rearranged them, after I had argued and argued and was all stressed out. So much for a relaxing experience. The massage however, was wonderful, as was the coffee and chocolate body scrub afterwards. It was very oil for my skin, but felt nice. There are showers to rinse off with, but no soap, no shampoo, no bath mats even or extra towels in the showers. The other showers down below near the pools, also had no soap or shampoo. For people used to spas in the US, this is nothing like it. Do no expect even the basics like soap, it will not be there. For the price however, this is not bad. It would have been nice to know however so I could bring my own soap/shampoo with me. For a spa these things should be basic. Overall the experience was a bit frustrating. I would not go back again.

Visited April 2013
Santa Teresita ... S, Director Comercial at Banos Termales Santa Teresita, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Customer.

Our team regrets that we were not able to exceed or this time even match your expectations during your recent stay.

We investigated what happened, and we have realized that the services your request, was made through a tour operator who never made the reservation or confirm your services. This is why the services were desynchronized. When a customer confirms a package with Pacaya Volcano Tour and Day Spa in Santa Teresita, we take the time to prepare and serve the best we can to our customers. The tour must begin at 6:00 a.m. and you start at 7:30 a.m.

Your review and comments are carefully reviewed and help us to take the necessary steps to correct these issues.

Please accept our apologies and be certain that we will take all the steps for these issues to be resolved.

Best Regards,
Seattle, Washington
24 attraction reviews
“Crowded, small pools, noisy...not a match with the photos”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were pretty disappointed with our day here. The place doesn't look anything like the promotional photos. It has a public swimming pool area that shares lockers with the thermal pools. It was quite crowded and noisy when we were there -- it's very popular with the locals and close enough to Guate for people to make the trip. The thermal pools are small and were correspondingly full. With the volume of people that they get, water cleanliness is an issue. They have an English language spa package sheet for tourists with prices in USD that is much more expensive than just ordering 'a la carte' in Spanish and paying in Q. The massage was OK, but we could hear the kids having fun in the swimming pool from the massage room and better ones are available for the same price without leaving Antigua, which is where we originated. On the positive side, staff were friendly and numerous and your fellow soakers, typical of Guatemala, are quite amiable and eagerly conversed with me despite my awful Spanish. We were expecting a quiet, relaxing, hot soak/massage experience and that isn't really what you get at Santa Teresita. If you are a serious hot soaker, I suggest Fuentes Georginas outside Xela. If you want a relaxing/healing massage and spa experience, there a several places in Antigua that offer a more traditional spa ambience.

Visited March 2013