I read the reviews on this website, some very extremely positive and a small percentage were extremely crude. I have never been a fan of listening to other people - I always like to try something out for myself. So I thought I would take my family here for a meal and to stay the night so we could visit York (which is only up the road) the next morning.
When we arrived, I was greeted by friendly staff, the lady who seemed to own the pub was wonderful. She told me all I needed to know about the local attractions and showed us to a family room. We started chatting and my husband and I got on very well with the staff. The lady was saying about the large booking and parties - and how wonderful they were. She said there was the occasional "difficult customer" - but all in all - everyone is wonderful. The staff are positive and friendly.
The family room was value for money and functional.HOWEVER...Breakfast was served too early, on a sunday it is servered 9-10. This was because the chef had to prepare sunday lunch. So we all know it's fresh at least !!!
All in all, it was a good experience and I will recoommend this pub to friends.
GIVE IT A GO!!!
- Also Known As:
- Red Lion Motel & Country Hotel
- Red Lion Motel And Country Inn
- Red Lion Motel & Country Hotel Upper Poppleton
- Red Lion Motel & Country Inn Upper Poppleton, Yorkshire
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Red Lion Motel & Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.