I arrived at the hotel around about midday on Saturday 10 April having booked the hotel through Lastminute.com and paying £59 per room inc breakfast. I did of course look on tripadvisor, as I always do, and wish I had gone with my first instincts.
First impressions from the outside were OK, even though it is set just off from Chilwell Retail Park. Parking is not a problem here and free. Upon entering the hotel the reception did look a bit faceless and could certainly do with a cheering up. Whilst I waited for my husband to arrive I checked to see if our room would be ready, even though check in was officially at 3pm. Of course it wasn't but that wasn't an issue.
We decided to go into the city and have a browse and make the most of the beautiful sunshine. Whilst out, I rang the hotel at 3pm to ensure that our room had been allocated to us which of course it had.
We eventually got back to the hotel around 6pm and checked in. Check in was uninteresting and quick. She did ask us of course if we would like to leave a swipe of our card so we could charge items to our room. As we did not intend to eat at the hotel we decided we wouldn't. Whilst walking away from the hotel, she called me back with the cards and insisted on placing a red dot on the cards so we couldn't charge items to the room. Hmmmmmm.
When we got to our room (225) we entered and first impressions were NOT good at all. The room smelt unclean - it looked shabby - and it was most certainly dirty. Lets just say I kept my shoes on.
I was NOT impressed.
I inspected the dated bathroom which had chips out of the bathroom suite and looked like it was from the 1970s. I wanted to change rooms but was so tired I simply couldn't be bothered.
Breakfast the next morning was nothing to write home about either. The service was non existent. The food was cheap and tasteless.
This was the only thing which spoilt our weekend.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE !!!
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Nottingham
- Village Hotel Leisure Nottingham
- Hotel Nottingham Village
- De Vere Village Nottingham Chilwell
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to introduce the De Vere VILLAGE Hotel Nottingham. We offer stylish bedrooms, state of the art Health and Fitness Club, Beauty and Hair Salon, a fantastic restaurant, great pub and coffee shop, VILLAGE live party nights and a Velocity Fitness Shop. Throw in free WiFi throughout the hotel and over 300 free car parking spaces – no other hotel company gives you more than VILLAGE hotels. You will find VILLAGE Nottingham easy to get to. It is well-placed for the motorway network and regional airports and close to major towns and cities. VILLAGE Nottingham is located just 15 minutes from Nottingham and Derby by taxi, just off the M1 motorway Junction 25. VILLAGE means high specification - our 135 stylishly appointed bedrooms are equipped with flat screen televisions with Sky Sports and other satellite entertainment channels. The Sealy ZZZzzz bed is exclusive to VILLAGE and is a guaranteed perfect nights sleep. In addition in your room you will find free internet. You won’t be short of places to eat - VERVE grill is a stylish restaurant without pretense, fabulous food and service to match, serving an enticing range of dishes. VICTORY pub and kitchen serves delicious pub grub. It's the perfect place to watch the big match by night or day, or to meet with friends and colleagues at the start, middle or end of a busy day, or night. Starbucks serves all of your favourite hot and cold drinks and snacks. We also offer room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your De Vere Village Nottingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.