Our daughter Sarah and our new Son in law Chris chose Comlongon Castle to hold their wedding. They could not have chosen a more suitable venue in our opinion. The Castle is fabulous, the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. Nothing was too much trouble, their organisation made planning the wedding seamless and stressless from start to finish. Everything was taken care of and nothing was left to chance. Whilst planning the wedding my daughter often remarked " why do brides get stressed?" Comlongon Castle made everything easy and straightforward.
The wedding banquet was exceptional and everyone had a wonderful time. It was such a fabulous day none of our guests wanted to break the spell by leaving next morning! Anyone wanting a fairytale wedding in an outstanding setting would be advised to consider Comlongon Castle.
Sarah and Chris had a civil wedding in the garden and later in the evening had a celtic "Handfasting" cermony in the Castle, and I would recommend this ceromony as it was full of meaning and very unusual. All in all Comlongon Castle is a marvellous place to celebrate a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield