I have just come back from a one night stay at Comlongon Castle to visit the wedding co-ordinator. We visited the Castle in March for the open day and saw a few areas, but this weekend gave us a proper chance to see the whole venue and we were not disappointed.
Comlongon Castle is simply one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too! The long driveway builds excitement of what is to come and once there you are treated as a king or queen of the Castle.
The room was beautifully decorated, the evening meal and following morning breakfast were delicious too. I couldn't fault it!
Sadly we don't get married until December, so we have ages to wait until we experience it again. If you are looking for a wedding venue, we can't recommend Comlongon Castle enough, especially if you live in the Midlands as the journey up the M6 couldn't be easier.
One word of warning, if you are taking children who need to sleep in cots, they can only stay in a double room. I'm sure this is stated somewhere on their website, but we didn't know and it could have messed up our room plan, thankfully the Castle was very helpful and we are very grateful.
Roll on December!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield