Stayed here for a wedding. The ceremony was conducted in the castle, we had the reception in the banqueting hall & then we stayed overnight. It is the perfect venue for a wedding, the castle is amazing, the grounds are beautiful & the rooms are lovely.
The staff were very friendly & helpful without being overbearing. We had two very young (18mths & 3yrs) children with us who made very welcome & had a good selection of food on the menu for them.
The reception dinner was excellent. Breakfast was nice, a good selection of cereal was on display only slightly marred by the lack of yoghurt & fresh fruit but this may have been available on request. The cooked breakfast was very nice & the black pudding was particularly good.
The sun shone which helped to make this a perfect day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield