We held our wedding here on the 1st June. It was a perfect wedding....so much more than we could ever imagine. The castle is an amazing setting. The staff are so good, kept us right all day without being intrusive. Cannot praise them enough. Sunshine even came as part of the package so we were able to get married outside. The gardens are a perfect place to get married. We had the Lairds Blessing as part of our day...highly recommend this. It was brilliant and felt really special. Plus I jumped over the broom highest so I am in charge in our marriage...Nice one!! The fireworks were amazing! We love fireworks. Even the piper was amazing. Calmed my nervous father down before the ceremony!!
The food was faultless...all our guests commented on that. The rooms are sumptuous! The lodge is out of this world. There were so many little touches that went together to make such a special day absolutely perfect! Thanks to Phil and his team for a more than perfect day.... Would love to do it all again!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restored 15th-century castle and adjoining 15 roomed Baronial hotel set in over 120 acres of private grounds. Comlongon specialises in weddings, receptions, celebrations and private functions on a daily basis. The Hotel offers a unique blend of luxury, history and privacy with displays of armour and oak paneling. Award winning chefs specialise in fresh local produce. Comlongon is a privately owned and run family business where service and value for money are paramount. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Comlongon Castle Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Dumfries
- Comlongon Castle Hotel Scotland/Clarencefield