“Absolutely Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bellmore, New York
“Absolutely Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My family and I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 4 years because of it's location near the Villages (to visit my grandparents) and the value. We normally get a really discounted room because my Dad works for another hotel in the company, but the manager was able to upgrade our room to a suite for only $10 more a night (also through the Hilton discount). The staff is incredibly welcoming; I simply cannot believe the bad reviews are because of the hotel negligence.
The breakfast is great and it's very extensive for a complimentary breakfast. Even when the hotel's Hampton Inn status was briefly taken away, during our stay, the complimentary breakfast was included.
The only hiccup was that the free wifi wasn't running, so I had to use the ethernet cable for the internet for my schoolwork. They assured me that the Hampton Inn name would be restored by our next visit.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
RyanCornelius, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel. The team and I work very hard for all of our guests to experience the type of stay you described. With the change in ownership on December 28th, we are looking to the future with renewed dedication to excellent customer service to our guests.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Ryan J Cornelius
Hampton Inn & Suites - The Villages

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This place is super clean....especially at the breakfast area...this lady did a super job, and I gave her a few dollars and she thank me many times. I do like Hamptons, and this one was great. The beds were super comfortable. The person checking us in said the hotel was 5 years old...you could not tell it, it looked super. All in all a good stay and that is all you can ask for!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I only stayed here for two nights and would give this hotel 15 stars if I could. I stayed for two nights - on a Monday & Tuesday. I called on Sunday and got the reservation for the next day. I would recommend Joe to be promoted if he wasn't already the General Manager - real nice guy and very helpful. Everything advertised came with the hotel - I am writing this review from my room where they have free internet in your room - no extra charge. I also enjoyed their free breakfast this morning which included fresh cut fruit, cereal, both low fat and regular milk, orange and cranberry juice, there was a breakfast station with eggs and sausage to make breakfast sandwhiches with pastries, bagels, muffins, etc. The rooms themselves are large, quiet AND clean. They had both a facial bar and body bar for cleanser which is nice. I forgot my toothbrush and they gave me both a toothbrush AND toothpaste at front desk (thank you Joe). The parking lot is extremely well-lit which is convenient travelling alone. All of the staff are very nice. I randomly chose this hotel because it was closest to my accountant's who is semi-retired here in the villages - but I would seriously consider coming back here just to vacation. Everything was very easy and I appreciate all the free stuff that came wtih my reservation. It really helps out in this really bad economy. I would have expected to pay so much more for what I got. My room has a mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker and so on. The beds are comfortable - THREE overstuffed pillows on each queen size bed (thanks for not making me call front desk for extra pillows). It's almost like this hotel is made and thought of your needs before you even get here. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A GREAT STAY!

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hutchinson Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

This Hampton is located in "The Villages" on Hwy 466, a short drive -maybe 5 minutes, off Hwy. 441. A good one to know about if you find the others on 441 are booked. Due to its location, you'd probably not find it unless you were at the Villages.

Housekeeping was immaculate, my bed was luxurious.
The only flaw in the excellence I've come to expect from The Hampton was that it appeared the young clerk on the night shift had friends over to break up the monotony. Hopefully, this was a rare happening, but it looked and sounded very out of place.

I've never been disappointed at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

Everyone in the staff were extremely friendly and truly went above and beyond to help us get the most out of our stay. We are now loyal customers :)

• Stayed September 2010
Ocala FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I can see why this is an award winning hotel! We stayed two nights during a craft show, and my group was treated like royalty. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Naples Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Customer Service was absolutley horrible, rude and most unprofessional staff!!!! Corporate needs to pay attention to this hotel!!!!! Asst Manager Joe.......has a huge chip on his shoulders when it comes to bikers.......and took it out on us!!!!! Bikers be ware....DO NOT STAY!!!!!! Rude!!!!!! Charged our credit card and then advised us that we would not be eligible for the 100% customer guarantee and we could take it or leave it!!!!!
We left it!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!