“Excellent customer service, but thin walls” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in The Villages
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wisconsin
“Excellent customer service, but thin walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Upon my arrival, Mel, the front desk attendant was warm and welcoming. As a new Hilton Gold member, she helped me figure some stuff out and made me feel at home. Thanks Mel!
The pool isn't heated, but is nice and clean. The workout facilities offer three nice options to de-stress. Beds comfortable as always - Hampton Inns have my favorite beds - and good wifi.
I have two areas in which I believe could be improved. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping was good, but failed to replace the toiletries and washcloths that I had used. I really could've used an extra washcloth and pod of coffee, but it when I type it out, it seems rather insignificant.
The walls are very thin. The people in the room next to mine were talking later at night, in normal voices, and I could hear everything they said. My advice-bring some earplugs :)
With this being said, I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again. I recommend it for business or leisure travel. I'd love to see some restaurants pop up within walking distance!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Angie_Rivera_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, today
Your kind words are appreciated here at The Hampton Inn & Suites in The Villages, FL. Our staff takes great pleasure in serving our guests and making you feel "at home". I have discussed the issue of the room amenities with the staff and apologize that they were not replenished. I would welcome the opportunity to provide a better experience for you the next time you visit.

Angie Rivera, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
FARMINGTON, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

General Manager was rude and acting as if she was graciously giving me the room I booked months in advance. I will never stay at this property again. Treated me like I was getting a deal, stop complaining.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Angie_Rivera_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, yesterday
We are sorry we did not provide the high quality of services you deserve. I have discussed this matter with you during your stay and I thought that we resolved all the issues, and we gave you 100% for your inconvenience. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and welcoming. The room was great! However, breakfast each day of our 2 night stay was lacking. They ran out of hot food(eggs and potatoes/ hashbrowns) no taste. When asked.. the lady indicated they were short staffed. Oatmeal was runny and not good. Food was not flavored well and had no taste.. We were very surprised, since we have always had very food meals at Hampton's elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Angie_Rivera_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We appreciate your comments. We strive to maintain the highest standards and your issues have been addressed with the staff.

Decatur, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stay here only if you NEED to be at The Villages. Otherwise something out on Rte. 27 has to be better. This place features an indifferent and oddly unknowledgeable staff, a variety of strange sounds that start and stop all night, the usual lousy pillows and a below average breakfast.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We are sorry we did not provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It's a Hampton...we always feel safe in selecting Hilton and their Hamptons. Pleasant common areas and rooms with very good bathroom design and amenities. The complimentary breakfast includes a great assortment of hot and cold selections.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and review. My staff takes pleasure in serving our guests, and we appreciate your kind words. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Westport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I really needed the sleep and slept like a baby in the perfectly firm-yet-soft bed. It was a delightful room. I would definitely stay there again. But for the safety bars in the bathroom, the room had a five-star feel to it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Angie_Rivera_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, 3 days ago
It is important to us that our guests get a good night sleep, and I am very happy that we are able to provide that for our guests. Our beds are a very important part of your stay from the mattress to the sheets, pillow cases, and, of course, the comforters and clean duvets! My staff strives to "make you feel at home during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value your feedback.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great location was here to stay while we looked at property in " The Villages"had issue with heat/ac but otherwise was a good stay. Staff could have been more upbeat and happier seemed as they were very blah. But we would go back

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Hampton Inn & Suites in The Villages, FL. We strive to maintain the highest standards at our hotel and in the winter months when we have a "full house" every day, it keeps us working harder than ever to provide a great stay for our guests. I want you to know that we appreciate your business and welcome the opportunity to serve you again the next time you visit The Villages.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages? Share your experiences!