“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in The Villages
Oakfield, New York
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My room was exactly as my reservation had requested. One of the largest one-room suites I've ever seen in a hotel, and the entire facility was in exceptional condition and well-maintained. The only staff I had interaction with was the desk, but that was a good experience as well. This is one of the few hotels I would recommend to anyone for value, comfort, maintenance, and the next time I come to this area I would go out of my way to stay there again - I don't plan to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Angie_Rivera_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant experience. We welcome your business and appreciate your kind words. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
Angie Rivera, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Jacksonville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Aside from the person who handled our check in very nicely, we did not interact with another friendly staff member at the hotel for the rest of our stay. We were practically dragged out of the hotel by cleaning staff and the front desk crew upon requesting a slightly later check out time. No 'Thank you' or 'Goodbye' or even eye contact happened as we exited the hotel. I had to initiate a 'Goodbye' for front desk staff to even say anything. Not friendly; not accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Angie_Rivera_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I was deeply dismayed to read your message regarding my hotel staff. While I am glad that you were welcomed to the property properly, I am sorry that you found the rest of my staff "unfriendly". There are times that we are unable to accomodate our guests requests and I understand that it might be inconvenient for the guest if they cannot have a late check-out. There are many reasons why this occurs. However, I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously. I read your message to the housekeeping staff because we pride ourselves on our "service with a smile", and it is obvious that did not happen for you. I apologize that you had a bad experience in that regard. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Angie Rivera, Manager
Sheffield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful location. Good shopping/restaurants are close . The rooms clean, in excellent condition & attractively decorated. Breakfast was very good. Staff was friendly & helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed our visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Angie_Rivera_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Rooms and lobby are in excellent shape. Breakfast is the basic Hampton Inn fare and the usual cookies and coffee are available. Decent beds and bathroom products. Pool and gym were fine.

Some front desk staff don't seem to be terribly happy with the jobs they have. Fortunately others were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant experience. We welcome your business and appreciate your kind words. I have addressed your comments regarding the front desk with my staff and appreciate that you took the time to bring it to my attention. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
Charlotte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Room was fine. Bed comfortable. Staff was friendly. Breakfast, not so good. Food was just okay. I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inn's and this was not good compared to others. Other downside was you can not turn left into the hotel. Had to go down the road and U-turn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant experience. We welcome your business and appreciate your postings. I am sorry that you did not find our breakfast to up to par with other Hampton's breakfasts. I have discussed this with the staff and we aim to improve and do better. Unfortunately, it is beyond my power to do anything about the U-turn. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have become a Hampton Inn seeker when I travel and this is the latest reason why! When we flew in for a friend's wedding, we had a choice between the Waterfront Inn and a Holiday Inn (recommended by the bride), but we went on our own and chose this Hampton. We are so glad we did. Not only was it less expensive, we got a great breakfast (as always), quiet room and a great bed. The bathroom was stone and tile and sparkling clean. The location was easy to get to and hot cookies greeted us when we entered the lobby.

Another couple at the wedding stayed at the Waterfront instead and were given a 'waterfront' room facing the pool and had a noisy air conditioner both nights. They complained that the temperature of the room was either too hot or too cold and that the temperature never stopped fluctuating between those extremes. A different couple stayed at the Holiday Inn and she also lamented her choice. When she asked where we were staying, she said she wished she had looked for a Hampton. She knew what she was missing.

Our room was perfectly quiet and comfortable. It overlooked an open lot, but we weren't there for a holiday and views. If you're in this area, don't hesitate to book a stay here. The Hampton Inns we've stayed at have never disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Angie_Rivera_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites The Villages, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words about our Hampton Inn & Suites. We strive to make everyone's stay a pleasant experience. It is our pleasure to make your stay as clean and comfortable as possible. We welcome your business and appreciate your kind words and praises. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We checked out a couple of rooms in the area and settled in at this hotel. When we walked into the room we were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful, spacious and clean our room was. There were children across the hall from us and we never heard anything from our room. Our bed was extremely comfortable and fresh. The bathroom was great and had everything we needed. Breakfast in the morning was very good. If every Hampton Inn is this great it will be my first choice.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor near the pool. We had a great experience. I would highly recommend this...