“Impressed, a bit pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
The Villages, Florida
“Impressed, a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and our neighbors went to Red Sauce last night for dinner. This was the first visit for my wife and I. Jimmy our waiter was a really great guy, very helpful, knowledgeable, and attentive. I asked for Lambrusco to drink (which they didn't have) so I asked if they had Sangria (which they didn't have) but Jimmy said he could make me one. I ended up having two, Jimmy did a fine job. Thanks Jimmy!
For dinner my wife had wife the braised beef special which was delicious and fall-off-bone tender (I tried some). I had the chicken marsala which was pretty good. The chicken was tender and had flavor, the mushroom marsala sauce was really good. The dish was served with a side of vegetables and a separate dish of ziti with tomato sauce. The ziti was Ok but I really don't think that the tomato sauce went very well with the marsala sauce. I think that the dish would have been so much better (IMHO) if it was served with a side of pasta on the plate (undressed) so it could soak up the marsala sauce and sliced portabella mushrooms with the side of vegetables in a separate dish. But that's me.
I think the meal was a tad pricey but we'll probably be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

SHOREHAM
“It's ok if you like crowds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food here is just ok. You will not leave here and say OMG I can't wait to go back. The place gets very crowded and noise due to the fact it's in The Villages. It's so to speak the only game in town. Getting a seat at the outdoor bar can be a challenge due to the fact that one someone gets one thay tend to stay . One you get a seat at the bar or at the outside tables surrounding the bar, be prepared to put up with the cigaret smoke from the other people outside. Since you can't smoke inside of the restaurant the smokers go to the outside bar and eating area where you can puff away , and they do. After reading some of the reviews about the food to die for,I am just wondering if these folks only were used to a papa johns or Pizza Hut. The food is ok but not to die for .

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Simply Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The meals were Veal and Eggplant Parm and they both were delicious! I had a glass of $9 pino which was lovely. The desserts were made by the chef. Husband thought his had a citrusy flavor (cheesecake) and I thought my cannoli was ok. The waitress, Jennifer was fantastic. She recommended the peanut butter pie which I should have gotten. Oh, the fresh bread is made there and it was to DIE for!!

Visited August 2013
“LOVE TO DINE OUTSIDE AT RED SAUCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Sitting on great outdoor furniture, having a glass on vino or two...eating anything Italian on the menu.....is the best....
Eggplant rollatini to die for, great pizza, pasta dishes are outstanding.....only,order a 1/2 order, it's huge.....
MANGIA.....

Visited August 2013
“great food/atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Awesome Italian food! Great place with terrific atmosphere- just wish they would stay open later! At one time, they offered a special "bar menu"- and I really wish they'd consider that again. I think they've lost some of their customers by not offering a "bar menu". Whenever guests are in town- we make sure to bring them here!!

• Visited July 2013