“clean and good food, nothing extra special” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 102 Restaurants in The Villages
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“clean and good food, nothing extra special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A good fallback, if you are not really sure what you want to eat, they have a good selection + a seniors menu to choose from. Decent food and service was quick.

Visited January 2014

“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant as it was near the place we're staying. Service as average, the food as bland and not very warm. We will not be going back.

Visited November 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Food Pretty O.K. , Waitress on Her Game!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

A busy Saturday morning. The friendly hostess quickly cleared a table and had us seated. Our server was welcoming and careful with our order. Bean soup, pretty much standard fare. It craved more depth, but was adequate. Salad was fresh and well-chilled. Breakfast items a bit greaser than desired with the hash browns, more hash than brown despite the request for well-done potatoes.
Our server, Joyce B., slightly bumped the top of one of the beverage straws while presenting the food. In a most thoughtful overabundance of concern for sanitation, she whisked the beverage away and soon brought a replacement.
I shall return here.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Best chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food is ALMOST ALWAYS good to excellent. The service is fair to lousy. No one seems to know what station they have or who is to seat people. Paying the bill is often a challenge and/or a confusing wait. When you go to a cash register to pay I am always told to go to the other register, instead of the staff walking the 10 steps, the patron has to walk around the bakery counter and through people. I have eaten here once a week for months and the take out is horrible and never quite what I asked for. Why do I go back? Because I go with clients who insist on this place. Last but very noteworthy is a salad with a distinctive black curly hair on top. Instead of paying for the meal as a comp I was just asked what else they could order for me!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida, United States
“Worst restaurant I have been in !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have just visited Bob Evans in the Villages, not an experience I would want to repeat, the table we were shown to was filthy and sticky, the service was very slow and when my soup arrived there was no spoon to eat with I asked the waitress for a spoon and she returned with an ice cream sundae spoon and said that was the only spoon she could find!!
When the entree finally arrived it was a sloppy mess of tasteless mashed potatoes and stewed beef which contained a sharp piece of bone, and finally the dessert consisted of a bland chocolate chip cookie. Finally on visiting the rest room after a long queue to pay it was in a terrible mess with tissue everywhere on the floor. Altogether a very unpleasant place. AVOID

• Visited November 2013