“Mixed experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
The Villages, Florida
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Crisp chips and fresh salsa very refreshing. Tortilla soup very salty and had to be sent back. No offer to replace with another choice but did deduct from bill. Chicken chimichangas excellent. Seafood trio enchilada disappointing. Fishy smell, tiny shrimp, indistinguishable other ingredients, rice and refried beans looked and tasted reheated too many times and too temperature hot. I've has shrimp with peppers n onions very good. Places with outdoor seating should consider separate staff for indoors and outdoors. Servers cannot see or anticipate needs of tables when they are on other side of the wall.

Visited September 2013

Ronks
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I could have just eaten the chips and salsa....absolutely delicious. Three of us ate there and all of our food was delicious. I would definitely go back again I had the fajita and it was loaded with peppers and the chicken was seasoned delicious. The portions were a good size.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Morelia
“Ugh! Jalisco”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have had lunch there a couple of times in the last few years when I make my regular visits to see family that lives in The Villages. This time the visit to the restaurant was for dinner. Wasn't too thrilled to be going back, especially for dinner, but my family wanted to go. I am reviewing it this time because it just was not up to par for Mexican food.

The chips were very good. The salsa did not seem to be fresh. I had chicken enchiladas, two soft beef tacos , all with flour tortillas. Softest (very limp) tortillas I have ever had and hardly held the taco meat. The refried beans were great and the rice seemed to be good (I only tasted the rice as I do not eat rice and forgot to tell them that I did not want rice). Both the chicken and taco meat just did not have a lot of flavor.

The restaurant itself seemed to be dark and not inviting. However, the patio would have been nice but we sat inside because of the heat. Maybe the overall rating should be average rather than poor on my part - I am just used to excellent Mexican food having living in Texas and Mexico - maybe I just did not order their best item. For some reason I hope the quality of their food improves as there is something to like about the place - just do not know what it is now.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“GREAT TAMALES”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Mi mami loves fish, and she said hers was very good and taste it
I had Quesadillas very good, with a lot of chicken, then we had mexican tamales, they were ok.

Visited February 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Esta muy bueno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We moved to Ocala from California over a year ago and have been very disappointed with Mexican food here at all the local places. Tried Ay! Jalisco and my wife and I are thrilled. Fresh, authentic, very reasonably priced as Mex. food usually is. We were at the point were we figured we would never find a good spot in the area but know we have "our place". It's the real deal, almost as good as Ca. favorites. Service was also very crisp even though the place was packed.

• Visited July 2013