“Busy but very nice” 5 of 5 stars

0192945 9671
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Worlds End Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Almer
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Whiteley, United Kingdom
“Busy but very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stopped of for Sunday lunchtime on the way home from Weymouth. although it was very busy we found a spot for the two of us. The waiter said the food would be 30 minutes but in the end we only waited 20 minutes. food was very nice and the pub seemed to run smoothly. Would eat there again

Newton Abbot, England, United Kingdom
“Found by chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

On our way back from Bournemouth, we saw the sign and decided to pull in for an impromptu stop, we were greeted with a half full car park but a full bar and restaurant, we were shown to a table and expected a long wait, but no sooner had we ordered than our wonderful food arrived. It was delicious! The staff were attentive and the atmosphere welcoming. Do visit if you get the chance.

devon
“Dinner at World's End”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Having been delayed on a business trip, my colleague and I found ourselves returning to Devon much later than expected and so had to decide upon somewhere to dine on the way home. Having driven past this Inn many times, it always looks appealing and it's remote location makes it an obvious choice. Lit up on a dark wintery night it looked most welcome, and indeed proved to be so, the staff were friendly enough, but...we both ordered sirloin steaks and they were terrible. Both steaks were tough as old boots, the chips and onion rings of the frozen variety. Indeed the food arriving was like the end of the world! Terrible meal and neither of us will return. Not cheap either!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
exmouthtourists
“Started well ended up unhappy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were on our way to a wedding in Portsmouth and decided to stop off and grab some lunch on the way. The car park was almost full and i see this as a great sign that the food is good. We were greeted and shown to a table and saw peoples meals which seemd to be great. The pub had what we thought was a great value for money offer 3 courses for £9.95 so decided to take them up on this offer. Firstly let me say the place was busy when we arrived and then got a whole lot busier about 20 minutes later when a scooter club arrived with a good 30 + more customers to serve. We arrived at 12.50 and ordered our food with our drinks as we were in a hurry, the waiter explained there was a 30 minute wait on food but that was fine. The couple across from us had just been seated before and were served there starters quickly. Our starters came within 15 mins and we were highly impressed they were great (I had pate my wife had potatoe wedges. Our Neighbours had their main courses within 15 mins of finishing their starters excellent we think, we then waited approx 25 mins after we had finished our starters and asked the waiter if he could check where our mains were he did come back quite sharply to us that whe had said there was a thirty minute wait but we asked him to check anyways. He came back and told us the meals were being plated as he spoke. I had scampi and chips with peas and my wife had sausage and mash the waitress came out 5 mins later and appologised about the wait and that they were extreemly busy we explained we dont like to moan but we were going to a wedding. My Scampi was luke warm the chips were not good at all but being english I didnt want to complain also we just didnt have time. My wifes meal was also not hot but we ate most of it and awaited our desert. At 1.15pm we decided we just didnt have time to wait any longer for our puddings so went up to the till and asked to cancel the dessert as we just didnt have time. The girl on the till snapped at my wife that to offer the quality of the food that provided people had to wait. I asked in the background if that was an appology and my wife just smiled we paid and left. Three points to remember Firstly 30 mins wait is fine but an hour and 25 mins for 2 courses isnt on. Secondly If you have the covers you have to be able to cope ??? It wasnt ala carte it was scampi and chips and sausage and mash. Thirdly if you are in the wrong an appology costs nothing and normally is suffice. Such a shame as we had high hopes.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“pleasant restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went to the restaurant with good friends. Entrance very welcoming it is a oldie worldie type of pub/restaurant with beams etc. The restaurant was quite busy, we were shown to our seats (5 of us) in a smallest area that was quite darkly lit, it could do with some extra lighting. Quite an extensive menu, I had a sharing platter of various pieces, pate, prawn cocktail, breads, fish cake & a few other bits, this was a lovely starter. One of the main course choices was not available so my friend ordered gammon. I had one of the specials, goats tart with a sauce, I wasn't keen on the sauce and would rather have had it on the side than on top of the tart. When my friend tried her gammon she found it wasn't gammon but looked & tasted like a pork steak. The desserts were lovely, sticky toffee pudding and apple crumble.
We explained to the waitress about the gammon & it was taken off the bill. Overall it is a nice restaurant, the service was good alway checked that everything was ok. It is reasonably priced. Would go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere