“The best ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Three Tuns

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Abington
Three Tuns
75 High Street, Great Abington CB21 6AB, England   |
“The best ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

What can I say about this Thai restaurant/pub but BRILLIANT!! from the service to the food and the friendly atmosphere that makes you have a great night!Will be back again and letting all my friends know what a great experience you can expect!

• Stayed September 2012

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

After being recommended by some friends thought i would try this pub out and found the staff exceptional and very Kind and polite and very welcoming,The Thai Food is a amazing and to die for and there was large selection of ales and a really nice beer garden too !!!!
Will Definitely Be Returning !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have been to this pub/restaurant quite a number of times now, and I must say that every time I have been the trip has been wonderful.

The service from the bar staff is not only quick and efficient, but they are also very friendly and willing to engage in conversation.

As for the food, I would recommend this 100 times over and would have to say it is one of the best Thai Restaurants I have been to.

I praise the Landlord and his wife for running such an efficient, well mannered employment team and would definitely recommend this as a place to visit if people are ever passing by.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night and had a meal in the restaurant.
The room was great - modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The atmosphere in the pub/restaurant is excellent - We were made to feel very welcome.
The food was absolutely stunning, fantastic Thai food - and a huge selection too. Traditional English breakfast was fantastic too.

I cannot fault the Three Tuns on anything - food, service and ambiance was excellent and we will definitely be returning for another stay.
Fantastic value for money too.
Thanks Chris & Karen for a great weekend. See you again very soon

Room Tip: If anybody has the chance to stay at the Three Tuns you won't regret it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterbeach, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the three tuns pub in Abington a few weeks ago having been recommended by some friends as they said the Thai food was lovely. The food was great. My wife had the sesame beef starter which I wish I'd had! The pork toast was equally enjoyable. Our mains where brilliant. I can particularly recommend the chow mein....it's tastes great and there's loads of it. The waitresses where polite and diligent.

If only I can end my review here it would be 4-5 stars.

After we had finished our meal we decided to have a drink outside (and so we could smoke - guilty!) and it was at that point our evening took a turn for the worse. There was a group of maybe 10 to 15 teenagers (who one hopes where at drinking age) who where utterly foul mouthed, continuously swearing and aggressive with each other. There were even girls arguing and threatening to beat each other up. It was horrible. It was so bad that my wife felt extremely uncomfortable and even threatened. The final straw was when the landlord came out and started to speak to them at which point we assumed he would ask them to calm down. Instead he was equally rowdy with them. It seems therefore that this is the type of pub/restaurant he wants to run. A far cry from the quiet village setting we were expecting and looking forward too.

Whilst the food was very good the entire evening was ruined by the inner city Wetherspoons vibe that the pub seems to harbour front of house.

We will not be returning and I simply cannot recommend it as a result.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
adotested, Owner at Three Tuns, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed our food and most of your evening. We have checked back on CCTV and have dealt with the people concerned that caused you upset during your visit, we would like to stress that the situation you witnessed is not normal for our establishment. The person you saw, who you thought was the Landlord, was not, as that particular evening was the night that the Landlord's mother passed away and he was not there. We hope that you will be able to visit us again and experience our pub in its normal friendly atmosphere.
Zonhoven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed over with another couple, had a wonderfull time, the friendly atmosphere and the local color in the pub and the restaurant (great thai food), friendly hosting, very nice rooms. Great golf in the area (Saffron Walden and Gog Magog). It was my 4th visit and it will not be my last...
Greatings from Wim and Hilde from Belgium

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
}���S��
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

New, clean and tidy room with everthing you need - parking, wifi, powerful shower, good quality cotton bedding, huge tv and hairdryer.

Cant really fault this pub b&b and also the Thai food is fab if you are around in the evening.

Didn't require a deposit either, so all round a good find.

Room Tip: Stay for the generous breakfast, you won't need lunch!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Three Tuns? Share your experiences!