“Delightful cosy and very "Provance"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bastide Lou Grand Bos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Domazan
Bastide Lou Grand Bos
You added Bastide Lou Grand Bos to your Saves list
897, Chemin St Sylvestre, 30390 Domazan, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Domazan B&B and Inns
Hod HaSharon, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Delightful cosy and very "Provance"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

When we first arrived to this quiet pastoralic place, the owner welcomed us warmly. The room was very nice and decorated,as well the bathroom, everything clean and cosy .The breakfast that was served every day (3 nights) was different with wonderfull home made confiture, The place is near many of the sites, and maddam Roty and her husband went out to help us and guide us for what ever we asked for .
We sure be happy to visit and stay there once more, next time with the kids...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at Bastide Lou Grand Bos on our trip from the south of France to Paris and it was a nice surpize of a convenient for my family accomodation very close to Avingnon. We found this B&B easily using the Neverlost GPS; the room was decorated in the classical French countryside fashion with many small and tasteful details. The owner - Mrs. Roty was very welcoming and served us nice French breakfast. My daughter has her birthday on the day we arrived, so we receive good recommendation of a great restaurant in the area. It was quite an experience of a French-style farm house on a beautiful hilltop with vineyards all around. Our room was very clean and comfortable, as well convenient with my 3 young kids to stay in.

Room Tip: Just be clear what B&B stay encompasses and how it fits with your travel needs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
VIVIANE P, Owner at Bastide Lou Grand Bos, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your opinion.Your great kindness,the politeness of your childrens,and the courtesy of your mom, arriving straight at the heart.SINCEREY. MRS ROTY
Kaunas, Lithuania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were a group of friends who stayed in Batide Lou Grand Bos at the end of July, 2011. We had a horrible experience. First, the Bastide is very difficult to find. There are no signs how to get there. The only one in Domazan shows that you have to turn left, when there are four streets going left! The house does not have a number and GPS shows the other street instead of the one that is marked in address. Second, the owner didn't mention and the website of the Bastide does not indicate (I'm sure on purpose) that there is a toilet and a transparent shower cabin in the same room as beds - which makes it quite impossible to live in one room - privacy, bad smell and etc. Had we known about it, we would never ever stayed in Bastide. Finding another accommodation in high season is quite hard to do and sure it's expensive. Third, the owner does not speak or understand any English, which is quite weird in such touristic region. She was unable to explain, how to find the house from Domazan, which as mentioned is really difficult on your own even with GPS - we spent hour driving around the fields. Luckily, we started asking the locals and one nice guy showed us the way. Fourth, although we were just talking - normally, not loudly - in our room, the owner called us aggressive in the morning! She didn't even say goodbye. All in all, I would never stay at this place and feel responsibility, as smbd who has stayed in it, to let you know, that you will have to live in toilet-bed-shower in one room. So beware of this hidden feature!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
The horror perhaps for them, but especially,the horror for me. With the reservation, I proposed 2 or 3 rooms or 1 less expensive room with bathroom and toilets in the room, which had been well specified with the agreement. But as they say it in their opinion, that is expensive to hold 2 or 3 rooms,therefore no intimacy. They were to arrive in the afternoon, I have waited to 11 p.m. to accomodate them, of night it's true in country it's more difficult to locate itself. They called me on several occasions, awaking all the other people in BASTIDE.I received them and for me the hell to start. Bottles of alcool roll on the floor, walk in the staircases at 2 o'clock in the morning to go to smoke a cigarette, they allowed to go in the private toilets of my other hosts and there to leave sanitary towels, which displeased with my customers, who asked to me if the bathrooms and toilets were private property. On the photograph of the room taken without our knowledge, a bottle of wine throne on the convenient . I made them noticed it's necessary to respect the peace of the other people and it's necessary to lie down. After this very agitated night, the next morning I served the breakfast to them, I did not want too to smile, they thus decided to leave on the COTE D'AZUR for make the festival . They confused BED AND BREAKFAST and DISCOTHEQUE.I never hope not to revive such a expérience.MME ROTY

Been to Bastide Lou Grand Bos? Share your experiences!