“Lovely place & great staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui

You added Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui to your Saves list
Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   96/3 Moo 2, Lipa Noi, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand (Formerly Nikki Beach Bungalow Resort)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% Last min Promotion
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lipa Noi
Helsinki
“Lovely place & great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Hi all,

We stayed at the Nikki Beach with my other half for 5 nights a week ago. From the moment we got picked up from the airport to the moment we left we felt so welcome and well taken care of.
I truly felt that every staff member did their best to help guests with their wishes and no request was too much.

The bungalows are great, and the most important part for me, the bed, was heaven. I often get back pain when sleeping in hotel beds but not here. Slept like a baby. We even skipped breakfast one morning because we just wanted to sleep in the amazing bed. I cannot pinpoint what it is about the bed that makes it so good, it just is. And the bungalows over all are well equipped, they have all you can ask for. Well, one thing was missing, the bath tube, but not big of a deal for us. The patios of the bungalows are so relaxing. It is nice to just sit outside and relax on the sofa, read a book and enjoy the beautiful garden.

The chef of Nikki Beach, Peter, is truly a gem, his meals are so delicious. I'm very selective with my diet but no request of mine seemed to be a problem, what ever I asked, I got it. Room service was truly efficient, it took about 5 minutes to get the order into the bungalow. By the way, the sunsets are beautiful on this part of the island so make sure that you enjoy your dinner at least once on the time of sunset (about 6.30 pm) by the beach or the deck, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

The beach was nice, loved the hammock, easy access to the water, no hard corals or rocks which could heart your feet and warm, calm waters. They had kayaks their which was fun. We used them to take a look at the beach from the seaside, which was good exercise and also just pure fun.

We also booked a snorkelling trip via hotel to Koh Taen south from Koh Samui. Everything went so smoothly. We got picked up exactly the right time and we got a lunch basket from the hotel with us including Nikki Beach wine, sushi type lunch, fruits etc. We saw a good selection of fish and after snorkeling we got taken to a small island, with a beatiful sand reef, where we enjoyed our lunch after snorkeling. It was pretty much a perfect trip. I really liked the fact that it wasn't hours away, the trip itself took only about 20 minutes.

The place is run by an amazing management team. I cannot than you enough, but I can try. So thank you so much Bruce, Jon, Eddie, Peter and Mariska for everything and hope to see you all again one day! We wish you all the best and success also with your soon to be open new bungalows as well, hopefully, we also get a change to try one of those some day.

With best wishes,
Mia & Jouni

Room Tip: All the bungalows are great, no difference there. You can hear the music on the pation if staying on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nikki Beach is a beautiful property and the staff is welcoming, accommodating and positive - made for a favored stay during our Thailand trip! It is a perfect combination of energized poolside and relaxing ocean-side lounges. The bungalows are modern and spacious, which made for a comfortable stay. Highly recommend the Thai cooking class through the resort, they take you to the local markets followed by a 3 course cooking lesson - very authentic and fun!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The resort was exceptional. The bungalows were divine. The food is extraordinary and the service is A+. I must have had over a dozen meals and they were all exceptional.
The only drawback in my opinion, is the beach itself. It didn't impress me whatsoever so I doubt I'd travel back to Koh Samui. But, if this island is a part of your itinerary, I'd definitely stay at Nikki Beach for a couple of days. If you plan to stay by the pool, drink & party, you'll love it. The resort is far from the tourist bit. I did venture out there one night and was glad I didn't book in that (seedy) area. Long story short, I was very impressed by Nikki Beach and not so impressed with the island itself. In general, a little too commercial for my taste. If I wanted to go to Miami, I would have gone to Miami. I was hoping for the best of both worlds; white beds with a stunning beach and limestone cliffs. I guess you can't have it all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

While I was staying at Nikki Beach I often described it as "Where heaven meets earth!"

In the beautiful setting of Thailand beaches, Nikki beach brings it up several notches in its classy attention to detail, top notch service and friendly staff that are always there to fluff your pillow, light your cigarette or bring you another drink. Somehow the music is always perfect, in tempo, volume level, and vibe.

After traveling throughout Thailand and arriving at Nikki Beach I felt like I had finally arrived! Don't miss out on the Thai Cooking class here! It was a culinary experience. The wonderful and talented Chef Peter takes you to the local market and you feel like you are on your own reality TV show! The cooking part is fantastic, and of course you dine on what you have cooked!

Bruce is hands down super cool and always there doing something, fixing something, or making guests smile... try to steal a quick chat with him... Interesting guy. And Jon, Eddie and Lenka always go above and beyond! Wow! Thank you to all for making our last days in the islands magical!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
famagousta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Visiting this place in 2012 in march . Long way if u will drive from chaweng . Stay all day there At the pool . Yeas was good but nothing special just .lots of stuff around not many guest 20 maybe.music is too loud all the time by the way. Good place I thing if you will go for a day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The resort was beautifully maintained all round. The bungalows were modern and spacious, and the staff were very attentive and helpful when required. It's the perfect resort if your in Samui to just relax by the pool or chill in hammocks by the beach for the duration of your stay. The sunsets over the ocean on the western side of the island are incredible. However if your looking to visit the main tourist destinations on the island you'll find this resort is located on the complete opposite side of the island to most of the attractions (it's about a 45 min cab ride to chaweng or bophut from the resort, which can make transport expensive if your not interested in hiring a scooter).

Also, the famous 'sunday brunch' was not all it's cracked up to be. There was a good variety of food, however I wouldn't consider it to be good value for money at 1200BHT per head.

Overall though, my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to travellers who want to stay away from the hussle and bussle of Samui's eastern side.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

You rated Nikki Beach Koh Samui:Excellent
December 2012
Paradise done very well!
Gorgeous resort designed with an impeccable eye for clean and simple elegance infused with Mediterranean charm and style. However not over done to be pretentious either. 16 individual beach bungalows that include comfy beds, white cotton linens, flat screen tv (which I never once turned on) free WIFI in the rooms and throughout the resort, and each bungalow has it's own huge wooden private deck with white couch, coffee table, ceiling fan and lounge chair . The pool area is spectacular, surrounded by day beds and pillows and free standing cabanas all with incredible views of the sea and evening sunset. The food here was incredible! Starting in the morning with their inclusive breakfast options , I was in love at first bite! The staff are phenomenal and attentive, but again, not in a pretentious way. The on-site manager Bruce is personable and cool, as was the entire crew! Massages are offered on site and there is a DJ everyday pumping out great music around the pool area. The signature drinks were terrific, but my favorite was their MOJITO. Served with a stalk of sugar cane, it was refreshing both poolside and as an evening cocktail. This resort was just my style. Not the "woohoo!" party Spring Break atmosphere of Chewang Beach area, but rather a laid back, chill, super posh Mediterranean vibe that still knows how to party, but with far more class and sophistication minus the hoity toity. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: All the rooms are exactly the same, so that makes room choice a non-issue -- all are fantastic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui? Share your experiences!