My boyfriend (see amazing man after the review below) and I decided to celebrate my birthday in Koh Samui and when we were looking for hotels online, we immediately booked this hotel as we already liked it very much. We stayed for 2 nights in November.
My boyfriend has apparently worked with Aom and Nok in preparing something special as we got to the hotel and checked in on my birthday. We went in our very lovely room and found it very beautifully decorated with flowers on the bed and the jacuzzi, napkin arrangements and a cake waiting just for me.
It felt like our very own private resort as there were hardly anyone there due to it being the low season. Some rains but they normally didn't last long and during which we would either just enjoy the jacuzzi in our room or a Thai massage in their spa.
We had our private dinner the next day on the beach (very happy the weather cooperated!) and enjoyed fireworks and sky lanterns from the nearby resort.
This side of the island is very quite and quite far from where the bars/livelier resorts are. You could either hire a car for the day to get around easily. We hired a motorbike for THB 300/day and was able to go around the island twice the whole day. We were able to visit landmarks, the waterfall, zip lines from the mountains which we enjoyed the amazing view from and bars at night (careful driving at night though as it can be very dark at night and very difficult to see the roads and wear a jacket, I was freezing!!). A bike would be easier to get through side streets.
Again, a special shout out to Aom and Nok who have been amazing our entire stay there (and even before getting there!) Overall an amazing weekend, thank you for making my birthday extra special. We will definitely be back.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.