For 10 nights from 22nd Oct - Nov 1st 2012 I had am amazing honeymoon with my Husband at The Sunset Beach Resort and Spa, Taling Ngam on the Island of Koh Samui in Thailand. Why? We wanted a tropical secluded resort we could just relax and do nothing much together at and this was it. There are 4 room types which are probably all amazing but for our honeymoon we stayed in the Beach Front Pool Villa room and it looked even better then the website picture. http://www.thesunsetbeachresort.com/samui_spa_hotels_beachfront_pool_villa.htm
This suit has a bedroom, a sitting room, an outdoor bathroom (2 toilets, 3 sinks & jacuzzi) and a front yard with a sala & dipping pool, There are hedges now (not shown on the website) which block any beach goings from looking in making it private and your own. Everything was really well maintained and worked how it should so you get the impression a lot of love and care goes into this resort.
The service was exquisite and the staff were all so polite, respectful and friendly- I was impressed they all knew English. We got the feeling that no matter what we asked for the staff would go above and beyond to make sure it happened.
Food- costs around 200 THB for most dishes with a 10% discount for guest staying at the resort and a big selection of both Thai food and International dishes. We tried so many different things on the menu and there was nothing we didn't like. None of the food was too spicy either since chilli tolerance levels will vary from person to person- you could always add more if desired. We paid for a honeymoon package which included a private dinner on the beach with a Thai BBQ and it was so romantic and delicious. We paid extra to do a cooking class and got to learn about Thai cooking which was a fun a memorable experience and will help me in my kitchen.
What do you do? As much or as little as you desire. The resort does offer a taxi service that can drive you to any location you require if you chose to site see (main tourist part is located on the opposite side of the island around where the airport is) but we never felt the need to go anywhere. We spent our days casually walking along the beach, swimming at the beach, using the free canon to explore the beach, swimming in the pool, reading books and just longing around. We had a spa treatment & massages which are a must. We also paid for a 2hr sunset cruise which was just us going so very romantic and beautiful.
This resort had ~20 rooms and for the time we were there we didn't see a great deal of guests which was perfect because it made it feel as if it was our resort. My Husband and myself enjoyed our time here because we were truly able to relax and unwind from all the stress and build up of both modern life and the wedding stress. We were both happy just being with each other and spending our days lounging around having fun in the sun. We liked that it was away from all the tourists and towns making it more secluded and intimate for a honeymoon. It is all the reasons i have listed above as to why i thought this resort was perfect for our honeymoon :D
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.