Due to the location on the western coast of Koh Samui the Sunset Beach Resort offers a lovely and quiet beach (not crowded, no dogs, no beach sellers, no jet ski traffic) and beautiful romantic sunsets! The resort is rather small in size and constructed in a neat way. Nice pool area, cool tiny beach bar and a gym with a stunning view. We booked a sunset jacuzzi deluxe room and recommend to enquire for a room on the higher floor (for the view). The food in the restaurant is delicious - we enjoyed multiple Thai and Italian dishes. Furthermore there is a nice breakfast buffet with plenty of fruit, eggs in all styles, various breads / muesli, salads and the fluffiest pancakes ever tasted. More dining options are available at the Intercontinental Hotel next door while Chaweng is a +/-30 minute drive away / cost: approx. THB 600/way. The hotel staff are very very polite and always there to help, giving the resort kind of a family character.
Good to know:
(1) The "road" just passes behind the main building but there is only very little traffic as the road seems to be only used by the few hotels in the area. For us the two cars passing in the morning were not an issue at all and only noticed when we were already awake anyway. Yet if you are already bothered by the slightest sound, you may consider booking a garden/beach villa.
(2) The choice of TV channels is rather limited. DVDs are being provided by the hotel. If you do travel with kids bring some of their favorite DVDs - and a book (or two) for yourself.
(3) Happy hour for massages: 10am to 2pm - in the lovely Spa or at the beachfront - pre-book a day in advance.
(4) Happy hour for drinks: 5pm to 6.30pm - a "must do" in combination with the sunset.
To sum it up: it is a (small) quiet place, with a touch of romance and style, offering good quality food and with lovely staff. A peaceful place to relax, chill and simply enjoy your holiday with your partner/family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui