“We loved it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort

You added InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort to your Saves list
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   295 Moo 3, Taling Ngam Beach, Taling Ngam, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Taling Ngam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed for eight days in a two bedroom villa. As everyone has said, the views from the resort are breathtaking. The villa was very spacious, with lovely bathrooms and amenities, and the balcony wrapped around the villa (624) completely so you could sit and enjoy the amazing evening breezes and sunset. The food was delicious, service was attentive (by samui standards). One thing i would comment on is the "up selling" of various boat trips offered. I was asked too many times whether we wanted to go, we counted 10 times on one day by various staff. I was quite put off by this. We loved the pool by the beach, and the blue pool but was underwhelmed by the beach itself but you can walk a few minutes left of the resort where there is a clear patch for swimming. My kids loved jumping off the pier. My youngest enjoyed the kids club (thank you Bo) and the attention he got every day from Mai. The buggy system works really well to get around the resort. We were looking for a quiet, relaxing resort and having been to Samui before on a number of occasions didn't feel the need to leave the resort at all in eight days. I would recommend the night market in Lamai on a Sunday night as a fun thing to do.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villa
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Kikis71,

Thank you so much for writing this review, what a pleasure to know that we made you feel enjoy your trip in Koh Samui and your stay at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

It is wonderful to know that you loved the different facilities and services of our resort. We work very hard on keeping consistent service standards and your review will inspire us to maintain yet keep innovating from a product point of view. Rest assured that I will share your wonderful feedback with the entire team, especially Bo and Mai.

Regarding to the boat trip, this issue does not reflect InterContinental standards that we strive hard to maintain. At InterContinental Samui, we continually strive to provide the best to our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Koh Samui for your next visit in the not too distant future.

Stephane Duchenne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 6 days as part of our honeymoon trip to Thailand. Unfortunately the honeymoon was completely ruined by the fact I was attacked by a pack of 4 dogs on the beach and bitten by one of them. The hotel is situated on the west coast far away from the main city. The hotel like to think this means they are in "unspoilt" land but this land is spoilt by the hundreds of stray dogs that litter the beach and the streets around the hotel.

After the incident I made my way to the hotel lobby and asked for a car to take me to a hospital. The first thing I was told was that as the incident did not occur on hotel premises and they would not be able to provide transport. I therefore had to drive myself to the hospital.

I had to visit the hospital every day after that to get the wound dressed and cleaned as it has to be left open to prevent infection. Annoyingly every member of hotel staff kept asking me on a daily basis if I was better. I said no as I still had 2 open wounds that were about 1.5pm deep in my leg. But they would continually INSIST that I was better, almost like they were trying to hypnotise me into believing it.

The hotel also seems to have a problem with their housekeeping. 3 out of the 6 days I had to call to request the room be cleaned when by 2/3 PM the room had still not been cleaned.

• Stayed July 2014
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Uju51,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment in TripAdvisor. I am however very sorry to hear that these are you comments about your stay. I would first like to clarify that there are not hundreds of dogs loitering the Resort’s beach and streets. Unfortunately, this incident did happen whilst on an excursion outside the Resort. Once we became aware of the situation, the first thing we offered was a complimentary transfer to go to the hospital, but you preferred that your husband drive you. Genuine concern was our only intention when asking if you were ok, apologies if you found this annoying – but the safety and comfort is of utmost priority for our guests.

I still confirm that our Resort’s location provides for a secluded & unspoiled beach. It is a place of privacy and our security team is on site to make sure that your guests are not disturbed while relaxing on at the Resort.

In regards to your comment about our Housekeeping team, our report shows that it was requested your room be cleaned at 2pm and was done so every day.

Thank you for your feedback and we and we sincerely hope that you are doing better.

Kind regards,

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is stunning with absolutely awesome views to the sea and breathtaking sunsets right on it. The hotel is very modern, with incredible furniture, terrace bar and all you need to chill out And have the most relaxing experience. Water is not nice, though, as it is located on a beach with too many rocks and greens that make it difficult to walk in without shouts, but if you take a canoe and go further some meters in the sea, water is nice warm and clear.
Premises are modern and really cool. Also the food was perfect. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear MarielaC82,

Thank you for this positive comment, I sincerely appreciate your kind feedback on our absolutely awesome views as well as the quality of our perfect food.

Thank you for having stayed with us at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort and for writing this review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at your “Best sunsets and chill out premises ever!”.

Warm regards,

Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had a nice lunch and then disappointing ending when the staff tried to charge as much as we'd just spent on the expensive lunch for a taxi back to the hotel we were staying at. They kept trying to insist their car was 'special' and inflicting a per person charge which the taxi we'd taken there hadn't charged. Also we had asked if we could use the pool since we'd spent quite a lot on lunch and having established we weren't staying there and checking with then manager they tried to charge more than we'd spent on lunch PER PERSON for use of the pool. This should be complimentary when we'd just spent cash with them on food and drinks. Overall it felt they were more interested in swindling additional cash from you than ensuring you enjoyed the experience.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Ad0011,

Thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback. I am very proud to read that you love our lunch.

I truly am sorry to hear that your visit is not up to expectations about the chargeable resort facilities. Regarding to the resort facilities, we offer for free of charge only the staying guest and we have to charge the external guest for keep them their privacy area. I admit that our prices are probably not the cheapest on the island as we are the luxury five star resort however we consistently deliver the quality deserving of that price tag.

Thank you once again for choosing InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort as your lunch preferred resort. My associates and I do look forward to have a chance to hosting you and provide free of charge resort facilities in next future during your stay with us at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

Kind regards,

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

What a sensational place to stay- we were lucky to have 10 days in this fantastic location. Everything was perfect to the first arrival being knocked over by the unbelievable view from a beautiful reception and the fantastic staff quietly checking you in with all your details while you take in the whole experience- From the General Manager Stefan who is very interactive from cocktail parties to driving the buggies through to the cooks, waiters and all staff were absolutely brilliant looking after all our needs, not everything went perfect but where there was a problem it was fixed immediately.-- The food was fantastic and the head chef was seen running his eye over the presentation regularly- The pools, fantastic boat-great kids club--The best part we found was the other guests- Our 7 and 8 year old daughters made so many friends as did ourselves and many a late night drink and meal were shared over meeting new people it was definitely a highlight- only downside the kids loved the resort so much it was hard to get them out to enjoy the rest of the island- Stefan you should be very proud of the great staff and resort you run and as our kids say it was there best holiday ever and we tend to agree- definitely want to visit again- Big thanks Stefan and also to all the great friends we met a huge thanks from Trev Cath Lucy and Georgia for making it such an enjoyable fun holiday- Room 622 was a great holiday home

Room Tip: Most rooms have great views and although very steep is easy to get to beach and reception with a bug...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Trevor S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment! It is great to hear that you had the best holiday ever at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” as it is a proof of the superior service that we strive hard to deliver. Rest assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with the entire team!

I am also happy to read that you and your family, especially our young guest had a great time with us in Samui and enjoyed the many activities that are offered on the resort.

We do hope you will visit us again for your next family vacation in Samui and our housekeeping team will prepare your room 622 for you!

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

From the moment you walk into the lobby you enter a dream. Words can not describe the view and a picture can not capture it. We were on honeymoon; in our room we had rose petals, champagne, fruit & two cakes (one for honeymoon and one for my birthday!). All the staff are exceptional from the concierge, restaurants, beach.. I was lucky enough to be treated to private dinner on the pier by my husband which was a very memorable experience. We also went on a boat trip around the five islands, lunch on a deserted island and snorkeling, I would highly recommend this trip. Thanks to Pepsi for making it such a fabulous experience for us. This is an amazing hotel and I will be advising anyone visting Samui to stay here. Thanks to all the staff for giving us so many magnificent memories.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PheebEd,

The entire InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam team wishes you all the love and happiness for many joyful years together.

Thank you so much for this great review and for naming us “Superb Hotel, Amazing Views, Excellent Service”. I am sincerely pleased to hear that you had a perfect honeymoon holiday. Thank you very much for your compliments to our team, especially Pepsi, I shared your feedback with them and they were very glad to have been part of creating this unforgettable experience for you. I also shared your kind comment with our team who was very happy to hear that everybody enjoyed their service!

PheebEd, thank you very much for sharing your honeymoon experience with us, I hope to welcome you and your husband back for your wedding anniversary!

Warm regards,

Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

In this price class i EXPECT also to get something for it.
So let's start with the positive:
Big variety of different room options. From Standard to Beach front villa, you have the choice
It may be interesting for you to get a membership of what they call : AMBASSADOR, which will automatically upgrade you, free of charge to the next higher room class.
The membership is valuable for a year in all Intercontis worldwide, and cost you 200 US Dollar
The service in the hotel is absolutely great ! However, compared to general price level on the island, by FAR to high !! So, if you don't care for the word : Price quality relation, and your wallet don't care, go for it. Food is superb.
The whole place is huge and offers what ever your heart may wish. From tennis courts, to Spa, gym and a variety of infinity pools.
But where is light there is also shadow. So let's so it a bit more critical.
One point is already mentioned. At this level your loosing the relation between what you get and the price level. Just have a look at it's neighbor hotel and you may understand what i mean. The beach is OK, but nothing more ! Means, you find MUCH BETTER on the island.
And my biggest critic, loving the nature of beautiful Samui is, what the complex has done to destroy it. It's much to much concrete "flashed" on that hill place !
Once there was a LAW on the island, not to construct higher than the palm trees. I guess big money has con-turned the law in this case ! I would have wished from the investor to had been much more delicate with that unspoiled nature in Taling Gnam !!!

Room Tip: If you ask me, the PREMIER rooms are the best choice. You will get an UNFORGETTABLE view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Claude R,

Warm greetings from our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I would like to thank you for your great feedback about absolute great service and superb food! It makes us very proud and motivates us to continue providing superior quality and personalized hospitality to our guests.

Our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” is located within the exclusive enclave of Taling Ngam Bay on the unspoilt west coast of the tropical resort island of Koh Samui – where gain the World Leading Luxury Resort Awards 2013 by World Travel Awards, 5 minutes to local market, 20 minutes to Nathon Thai commercial town and 30 minutes to Lamai beach. Renowned as the best spot on the island for sunsets, the resort is set in a quiet, secluded location and offers inspiring views over the Gulf of Thailand and the Five Islands beyond. We also provide many activities for free of charge to our guest such as 7 swimming pools, private beach, fitness 24 hour, sailing, Kayaking, 2 tennis courts, etc.

I admit that our prices are probably not the cheapest on the island however, we consistently deliver the quality deserving of that price tag. We are the luxury five star resort that has gained legendary status over the years and is acclaimed by the New York Times No 1 Best Seller “1,000 Places to See Before You Die”.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you to stay with us in your next trip in Koh Samui.

Stephane Duchenne

Been to InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort? Share your experiences!