“Quality resort hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort to your Saves list
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   295 Moo 3, Taling Ngam Beach, Taling Ngam, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Taling Ngam
perth australia
“Quality resort hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just had 5 nights very enjoyable nights at this quality resort.
Downside: struggle to fault this property , rooms, staff or facilities.
Location is well away from main Samui shopping and nightlife areas, however we believe that is an attraction if you are seeking a self contained resort.
Previous reviews have complained about renovations causing some disruption.
There is evidence of upgrading of several villas. However this appears to be done on a very low key basis , did not detract in any way and will no doubt continue to improve the property overall.
The location may
be an issue for some guests.
However, there is a small local village with excellent Thai restaurants and local transport can be easily arranged, or the hotel can assist.
The resort is built on a cliff and is well spread out. May not suit elderly with mobility problems, although a buggy service is readily available
The nearby Island View local restaurant is a must and they will also arrange transport, boat tours etc if you wish.
I Talay restaurant north along the beach also worth a try.
Don,t let location of the Intercontinental put you off.

Upside: this resort is almost perfect in every respect.
We stayed in the main hotel building in an ocean view room.
Fantastic views and large modern very well presented room.
Upgrade of the room to maintain a high standard is evident.
Staff at all levels are friendly, helpful and keen to assist.
Food at restaurants and variety of bar areas all of high standard.
Our thanks to Intercontinental and staff.

Room Tip: Ocean view in main hotel a must but beachside villas also good dependent on preferences or if travel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear johnrPerthAustralia,

It has been a true pleasure reading your feedback, I am very happy that InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort ticked all your boxes for a relaxing holiday in Koh Samui and I will share your kind words with our associates.

Thank you very much for the glowing review, we look forward to welcoming you back for another!

Warm regards from Samui,

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this resort late September and it was a perfect choice! If you are looking for a place to rest, relax and treat yourself then do not look further! The Resort is located on a hill and the view is absolutely stunning. You'll find peace and quiet from the time you check in to the check out.
The room was spotless, beautifully furnished and the bed soooo comfortable... which allowed fantastic restfull nights.
Breakfast was excellent with a wide spread of pastries, local dishes, egg counter, fresh juice and so on, you find all you need!
It's very easy to go from one spot of the Resort to the other one via buggy or walk (there is a bridge walk linking the top part of the resort to the bottom where the beach and swimming pool is located).
Service was extremely friendly and efficient but also discreet.
I will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear VeraKL1919,

On behalf of InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Family, I would like to thank you for your great feedback! It makes us very proud and motivates us to continue providing superior quality and personalized hospitality to our guests.

I would also like to thank you for praising our associates’ professionalism, they work hard to exceed all expectations and to provide our guests with the traditional warmth of Thai hospitality. Rest assured that I will share your kind words of appreciation with the entire team!
We would love to have you back and please do look out on our website for some exciting offers particularly during this time of the year. Wish you the very best.

Sunny Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I, celebrated out 21st Anniversary at the Intercon Samui Baan Taling Ngam from Oct 17-20. Before booking this hotel, our initial concern was the secluded part of Koh Samui that Intercon Samui is located. But after staying there for 3 nights, we were so glad we chose the Intercon at Taling Ngam and not another beach resort at Lamai or Chaweng (more to this later)!

As most have reviewed here, the Intercon Samui is situated on a hilly slope facing the beach. Very very spectacular view of the sea all around! Especially during sunset. Being an IHG member, the check-in was hassle free and though we were way too early for the supposed check-in time of 2pm (our one and only flight from Singapore arrived on Koh Samui at 10am and we were at the hotel by 11am), we were shown our room within 30 minutes. Very impressive!

Regine, the front desk Manager (?...sorry if I got your designation wrong) took the effort to greet the guests, including ourselves, and really made the guests feel comfortable by chatting with them each day. We love her friendly disposition and her service/guest-comes-first attitude. She is really a star at the hotel!

The room is perfect to us, with the bed facing a magnificent view of the ocean that looked right ahead into the horizon. We slept with the shades fully opened each night, so that when we woke up in the morning, we would be greeted with a calming sea of blue! Loved it.

Koh Samui is not a big island, with only 1 main road connecting the entire island. And very few traffic lights! Upon arrival at the rustic hut-style airport, we decided at the spur-of-the-moment to rent a car instead of taking the hotel transfer and public transport. Thanks so much to the hotel staff who waited patiently for us while we got the documentation done for the car rental. Sorry we didn't get your name. Getting the car was probably the best move we made that day. As I've mentioned about Intercon Samui being far away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samui (namely Chaweng), we had the opportunity to drive around to any place on the island we fancied. That would not have been possible without a car. The other option is a scooter rental, but we couldn't ride to save our lives, so a car it was!

We drove to Chaweng twice, a very happening town with a long street filled with food, fashion, shows, beautiful cabaret girls...a wonderful place to hang out and chill. And also to Nathon, a nearby town, for their local street food. We also drove up to Fisherman's Village, to Lamai, Bophut...basically covering the whole island. We loved that though it was supposed to be a relaxing holiday for us, we actually got to do so many things, while at the same time, having a relaxing time when we were back at Intercon Samui!

Just below the hill where Intercon sits, are many little rustic and rugged mom-and-pop shops run by the locals providing basic services like laundry, and running small eateries and restaurants and bakery. We did our morning runs along those stretches of road and I must say, the runs were just so invigorating because of all the sights and sounds we encountered. Buffalos having a water bath in the sea, dogs playing with their masters, grand nannies and pops sweeping their front yards. We couldn't ask for more to start our beautiful mornings.

On our final day, which we decided to make it a 'lazy day', we spent the whole time in the hotel. And it was the right decision as it rained the entire day! hahaha...We had breakfast in the restaurant, did a wonderful 2 hr spa at the Baan Thai Spa, located further up the hill, ate some more in the hotel, chilled at the AirBar...and had one too many margaritas! I swear the Intercon Samui serves THE BEST margaritas I have ever had in my life! I am still craving for it now :)

Overall, if you are looking for a quality place to chill, Intercon Samui is perfect. The service staff are all so friendly, the service is almost excellent, food quality tip top...and that's what we pay good money for. So, for those who feel that food is expensive and the place too secluded, Intercon is not for you then. It being away from the city, it also gives you the chance to travel to other parts of the island to explore. If you are staying in Chaweng, you will be in the thick of all the action and you will probably not/never discover the beauty of Taling Ngam, or Nathon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear memummyteri,

Thank you so much for celebrating and relaxing your 21st anniversary at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” and for taking the valuable time to describe your experience with such care.

It is wonderful to read that you had a memorable your 21st wedding anniversary with us. I am also happy that our team was able to take care you.

I shared your feedback to our team, especially our Resort Assistant Manager, Reginne who was truly thrilled to have been part of your memorable vacation and also the bartender at Air Bar who served you THE BEST margaritas you have ever had in your life!, thank you for your kind words of appreciation!

I look forward to welcome you and your husband back to our resort in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

checked in 15th October for 2 nights with family , Hotel location is excellent ,scenes are stunning , nevertheless ,Staff and room service are below average , I have waited my Shampoo at the room for about 30 minutes , plates where left uncleaned for 2 days outside the villa , Internet room without AC (very hot) ,staff should be trained more to smile .

Room Tip: Only choose villa attached to street others are far , best time to take pictures for ocean is around...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear zuhair1966,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

It is truly regretful that your stay at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort fell short of your expectations, and I was very disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction with our team, especially because our numerous Tripadvisor reviews show that guests generally praise our associates for their personalized service and genuine hospitality. I shall remind the team to continue showing their commitment to these very important core values of ours.

Your feedback regarding to our room service, we are taken note of, while we are confident that they work very hard to exceed all expectations.

Thank you once again for choosing InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort as your preferred resort. My associates and I do look forward to hosting you again at our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at this property to celebrate a 60th birthday. Outstanding cliff top position with beautiful bay views. Off season so quiet and property was undergoing some renovation and maintenance. As an Intercontinental Platinum Elite ambassador we were given an upgrade to a villa. Transport in the hotel is via golf buggy as access is steep and there are a lot of stairs from the beach to some of the villas. Not a problem if you are a fitness enthusiast. There were 7 pools all different colours at different levels of the resort most quiet and peaceful. Beach restaurant delightful and relaxing. Sunset bar with sashimi and wine very relaxing. All in all a super relaxing stay in an excellent property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane-Bruce-P,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback on your stay here with us at “Stunning hotel in beautiful surrounds”!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the privacy of your own private villa, yet you also took the time to explore the many services we offer from recreational activities to a variety of culinary experiences!

Thank you once more for your review, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My intercontinental experience just went uphill with each stay... from Tokyo to Seoul and now Koh Samui...
Stayed in the Intercontinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort from the 11 Oct - 20 Oct 2013, and I must say I'm devastated that I'm leaving such a nice place. As part of my Ambassador benefit, I was upgraded to a beachfront pool villa, which was excellent value. The room was more than luxurious enough with a big Jacuzzi in the bathroom, my own private pool and direct beach access. Privacy was never an issue as the villa (room 509) was away from the public beach pool.
The sea view from the resort is very impressive right from the moment you arrive at the resort lobby. Check in is a breeze as the front desk sits you down at the Serene cafe where you are served drinks and cold towels while the staff process your check in.
The resort offers several dining options, all of which allows their guests a dining experience with pristine sea and sunset views. Traveling within the resort is also very convenient, with buggies that will bring you anywhere from the beach to the spa.
But I really must compliment the service of the staff in the resort which made up for all the little problems I had with room. On two separate occasions when I had problems with defective card keys with my room, I had them replaced conveniently. One occasion that left an impression was that the front desk manager on duty, Regine, actually delivered the new card keys to the restaurant by the beach personally despite the rainy weather on that day. She even walked me back to my room and ensured that I stayed dry throughout. Of course, I was really grateful, and I'm pretty sure no one would like to be locked out of their room in the rain.
Location wise, the resort is on the other end of the island, which I thought is perfect for people who is looking for a retreat, away from all the busy nightlife. I also had an excellent experience at the spa in the resort. The therapist was extremely skilled in the massages, facials and other treatments. But do make an appointment at the spas because they can be rather busy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear OhJinWei,

Warm greetings from our “Home on the Beautiful Cliff”!

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that your stayed at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort was an idyllic retreat in “Paradise on earth, Excellent service” for you.

We are delighted to read that our secluded location and the lush tropical landscape of our resort provide you the true relaxation and that you were enjoying the peaceful getaway. It is great to learn that you liked the comfort of our Beachfront Pool Villa, also several dining options and excellent experience at our Baan Thai Spa. Our team members will also appreciate you took the time to recognize their professionalism of their service. We are proud that our InterContinental’s way of excellent service and hospitality complemented your memorable.

We certainly looking forward to welcoming you back for your next travel plan allow.

Warmest regards,

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm a 10 year resident of Thailand and I've stayed in quite a few Intercon properties over the years and this was not my first trip to Samui, but my first time to stay at the Intercon. Everything you read about this hotel and the beauty of the property is true. Very beautiful setting and the staff took good care of us. If you do a little bit of research about Samui, you will know that the Intercon is not located near much of anything relative to sights and activities; some, but not a lot. So, for a family, you are pretty much tied to the hotel unless you want to pay for the transportation to/from the more active areas of the island. For a single person or couple, renting a motorbike is a great way to get around. We were in Lamai Beach in about 25 minutes. Not too bad. A primary reason that I did not give this hotel an excellent rating is that the hotel seems to struggle with their buggy transportation. This property is located on the side of a mountain and getting to/from some of the key areas is best done using the hotel's golf cart style of buggies. The problem was that it was normally longer waits for the buggy that I would have expected. On one occasion, 23 minutes wait just to get from the primary gate entrance to the lobby. That being said, it is a very nice property and if you are wanting a get away for some R&R, this is a great place for that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalUSM, General Manager at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Rick2011_09,

Thank you very much for writing this positive review on your stay with us, we are honoured to know that your first Intercontinental Samui experience was such a good experience!

Regarding to your comment about our location at “Home on the Beautiful Cliff” is located within the exclusive enclave of Taling Ngam Bay on the unspoilt west coast of the tropical resort island of Koh Samui, 10 minutes by car to Nathon and Waterfalls, only 25 minutes to nearby Hin Ta and Hin Yai (grandmother and grandfather rocks). Renowned as the best spot on the island for sunsets, the resort is set in a quiet, secluded location and offers inspiring views over the Gulf of Thailand and the Five Islands beyond. In our resort, we also provide many activities for free of charge to our guest such as 7 swimming pools, private beach, fitness 24 hour, sailing, Kayaking, 2 tennis courts, etc.

In terms of the buggy service, I am however take noted and have shared your comment to our Front Office Manager to improve more their associates’ professionalism.

Thank you for praising the helpful and friendly attitude of our team, I will make sure to share your kind words of appreciation with the team.

Stephane Duchenne

Been to InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort? Share your experiences!