Beautiful location, wonderful finishes in the hotel and excellent 5* quality. Mister Duchenne your hotel is simply fantastic.
FOOD: There are two main restaurants, Amber & Flames they are expensive for Thailand but actually the same price as a bog standard meal in the UK however you are eating pretty much Michelin star food! They are both excellent quality and I would strongly recommend trying the meat platter at flames as your main, incredible! Clement in flames was very welcoming, professional and diligent; he makes sure that everything is perfect for you! I cannot praise him highly enough! There’s also two other restaurants close by. Five islands which is absolutely amazing very romantic and again will do anything to accommodate you, they also pick you up and drop you off or it’s a 10 minute walk. There’s also a small local restaurant called i talay this is basic but good enough for a snack or cheap meal. Breakfast at the hotel was a highlights, excellent range and choice! Everything was fresh and cooked superbly. Never had a bad stomach at this hotel its definitely 5* food without a doubt.
DRINKS: Good selection of beers wines and spirits. The cocktails are exquisite. The prices are expensive but for the selection on show its understandable.
ROOMS: We were staying in an ocean view room for 2 weeks. I do think they should look after their longer staying resident and certainly offer a free upgrade for honeymooners. All the rooms are beautiful in their own ways, views, private pool, villas etc. You can’t fault any of them and housekeeping was very good. Negative point – mini bar was extortionate! You have a 7-11 shop down the road (take bikes and cycle there, pharmacy next door) which they are a fraction of the price.
STAFF: I never had any issues with staff here. They were all five star plus service, in fact the best I’ve ever had. Don’t understand previous comments about them being rude. Can’t imagine any Thai staff being rude! They will do anything for you. You don’t have to tip in Thailand however I do strongly recommend it, makes life easier and shows them how happy you are with their service. Ball in the pool bar was one of my favourites! Very easy to get along with and tried very hard to please everyone, excellent at making strawberry daiquiris! Hope he’s valued by management. Both managers were very pleasant and made an effort with the guests which is very important in my opinion. Also met the marketing manager from Bangkok who was also very very pleasant and seemed extremely hard working to ensure the hotel keeps its high standards.
TRANSPORT: The buggies at the hotel are pretty much easy to find during the day. Low season evenings you could be waiting up to 30 minutes by flames for one. High season I would imagine they have lots more staff.
OTHER POINTS: Plenty of food options too for different cultures! Be careful with the sun, its often cloudy but very dangerous to burn through. Would have loved to have gone out in the intercontinental boat however very expensive for what it is. You can have tours outside the hotel, Trans island tours were good.
Can’t fault it! Would HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.