The arrival to this hotel is hard to describe - the view from the lobby is breathtaking. But it doesn't take but a few days to have the level of service here start to chip away at the experience. The first night we arrived we went down to the beach restaurant which was serving a seafood buffet. We were tired from traveling and my son, who doesn't like fish, had a bowl of fried rice. There were no menus and we had missed the chalk board outside that displayed the price. When I got the bill at near $80 per person, I asked the waiter if he could make an adjustment for my son, and he said no, it was too late. Not a good beginning. The hotel is on a quiet part of the island, which is nice, but when one wants to go explore, it gets difficult to get help or feel the slightest bit supported. It was as if the concierge staff had never eaten outside the hotel, or couldn't figure out how to help you find a good spot, of which there are many. We ended up having to call for reservations ourselves. When we asked for transportation offsite, it was always near or more than double what a taxi would charge. If we asked for a taxi, they would give you the option of a "service they contract with" which was always the same cars and people who drove for the hotel (who were very nice but that's not the point). We ended up feeling taken advantage of. My son was sick, so we decided to extend our stay (we did think seriously about changing hotels, but because of the hassle, decided not to.) I went to the front desk to ask if this was a possibility, and three trips later to see "my manager", i was told it was okay. Never was there a "wonderful, so happy you will stay with us longer" sort of feeling. When I got the bill for check out, I felt compelled to check every item because the trust had eroded so completely. It's a beautiful property with so much potential, but i would not recommend it to stay. It is worth a drink at the Air Bar but there are lots of other good hotel options on this beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui