We stayed at the Le Meridien 7 years ago. Didn't realize it becomes Intercontinental so we ended up staying at the same hotel again, which is not a problem as we had a great time last time we stayed there.
The room is clean and nice, the view is amazing. Breakfast is great.
Service is terrible. I don't go vacation to get upset but this hotel is doing a good job to have staffs upsetting us continuously. For example, simple service like getting a golf car to transfer us from the beach to the reception, they can't do it right. First we ask a lady staffs on the way out of the beach. She said ok and said we can wait at the beach bar. We are with baby and my parents so I think that's good we can wait comfortably. Then after a while the lady was gone and nothing happened, we asked another staff who looks like a manager what happen to our transfer, the manager said we have to wait outside, the golf car cannot drive into the bar, in a very insulting way as if we are stupid, and then he left without doing anything. So we went outside and stood by the road to wait. One golf car came by which can take 3 passengers. The driver just stare at us like 'hurry up!' I said there are 5 of us this won't fit. He stared at me for 5 seconds and just took off. He didn't speak one word the whole time. After that, 15 mins of waiting under the sun. I then walked over to the security guide who looked like the one organising golf car who saw the whole incident. The first word he said to me was 'no Eglish'!!!! We then walked back to the bar and found the original lady who called the transfer for us. She said its actually not her job to call transfer and we should go outside. I said but the only staff outside cannot speak English! She then come out with us and a golf car just dropped off some people and then we took that car up.
It takes 4 unprofessional staffs all at once to make this unpleasant experience for the customer, and Intercontinental managed to do that 1) staff who called a too small golf car for 5 of us, asked us to wait at the wrong location 2) another staff to insult us and added no value 3) driver who stared at us without saying one word 4) the staff who's supposed to be in charge tell us he doesn't speak English and didn't attempt to help
We are very disappointed with the service.
Anything else we asked, the answer is always ,"no, cannot do". Last time we stayed at Fourseasons, no matter what we asked, the answer is always yes. I guess that makes the difference of hotel class. I mean, how difficult is it to train a service staff to smile and greet and do the job they get paid for?
It is such a nice hotel with amazing view and room and food. Why not go one extra step to fix the service? The Le Meridien we stayed before was awesome and service was fantastic. It's such a waste now that its being taken over by poor management. I will never go back, not even just to see the view, just to avoid the terrible experience we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui