We recently spent a week at this hotel in a freestanding 2 bedroom villa as a family of 4 with two young children. Our villa had a huge living area with fantastic cliffside view to the ocean, quite elevated and with a large wrap around balcony.
Unlike many big name resorts this hotel is intimate and somewhat boutique with approximately 150 rooms and villas. Its quite spread out with half the rooms in the main building and the other half as villas, mainly on the cliff, with some by the beach.
Apparently the hotel was full or close to full when we were there, but you would not have known it. Perhaps this is due to the various and spectacular public spaces so you never felt you needed to compete for a pool lounge, or make a booking etc. It never felt busy and it was never noisy.
There were still some renovation works being undertaken to a few villas up the hill from us, however this was well contained and did not produce any noise that we were aware of.
The day spa was temporarily located in nearby villa whilst the actual was being completed.
The gym was well equipped and had a prime view over the beach.
We had a club package which was unique and had some great inclusions including mini bar in the room (everything in the fridge) and one load of laundry (yes you could unload your entire suitcase and return home with it all clean if you had wanted).
Wi-Fi was free throughout the resort and of decent quality.
The food in the resort was very good and service excellent. Always very friendly and prompt.
The resort is located some 30 – 40minutes from the main tourist town of Chaweng. We spent one day there and that was more than you need. The remote location of this resort is a massive plus not detraction!
The view from the lobby and the Air bar was breathtaking, as was the infinity pool off the lobby.
There were several pools around the resort and one directly out front of our villa. We spent most of our time at the large pool by the beach which had great lounges, and a bar. The pool itself is well designed with a variety of areas including shallow sections for the kids to play, equipped with pool toys. The staff by the pool were very friendly and attentive.
Prior to arrival I had read some of the negative reviews which concerned me as we are fussy travellers. Our experience was only positive so I can only assume people associated with the competitor hotels must have written these.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui