The place was great, all rooms facing the seaview, the layout is nice, the furniture and the interior design was great, a very pleasant place for holiday.
However, the staff desperately needed to be trained, here are a few problems we were upset about:
1. We went to play tennis, and the staff sent us down to the court by the buggy (somehow the tennis courts were out of the resort area), the staff knew we were going to play for 1 hour, but after 1 hour, no one around at all and we were stuck at middle of nowhere, after we waited for 20 mins, we decided to call the lobby (via roaming) and ask for a buggy, but it took another 10 mins for the buggy to come down and without apologising.
2. I was having tummy upset and asking for some medicine, it took them 25 mins to send the medicine to my room, and actually they brought some paracetamol, so we asked if they have anything for tummy upset, and after that it took another 20 mins to bring down another type of medicine, they were just way too slow...
3. It happened many times nobody answered the phone when i called up the concierge, it's just unbelievable for a 5- star hotel, and when I had some basic enquires, some staff just don't know how to answer, which reflects the hotel training was not enough. And their roles are kind of a mess e.g. the reception staff suddenly went to drive the buggy etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam is renowned for its legendary status as Koh Samui’s first ever luxury resort. Nestled on a dramatic cliff of Taling Ngam, with spectacular views over the bay and the neighboring Five Islands. The resort features chic and innovative dining, seven swimming pools, 79 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas including the iconic Beachfront Pool Villas. Baan Thai Spa and the famed Air Bar complete the picture ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Taling Ngam Resort And Spa
- Baan Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- Hotel Baan Taling Ngam
- InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort Ko Samui