“Incredible Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
4.5 of 5 stars 161 Reviews
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Incredible Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed in the Sunset Beach Resort less than 2 minutes away. We wanted to try out something different to the hotel food and stumbled across this place.

The prices were incredibly cheap and the staff were so friendly. The food was really nice too, with Asian and Western options on offer.

It was an amazing destination to watch the sunset, I think probably it's greatest draw.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“great food, very good cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Very good Thai food, fresh fishes and sea food. Nice staff, very helpful. One of my favorite places to eat for the whole stay in Thailand. Good prices and sea view:) located on the beach, magic place especially in the evening.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whitley Bay
“Great spot, tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We came here for drinks and to watch the us go down as this has to be one of the most amazing sunset watching locations in the world. We ended up staying for dinner. The I-Talay is a basic open wooden framed restaurant. This is not fine dining (go easy on the cutlery or it bends, plastic table cloths etc.) but it's not trying to be. The food is however very tasty and reasonably priced. 1200 bahts for 2 to eat as much as we could including a wonderful whole White Snapper and several rounds of drinks. Can be prone to flies but they can be avoided by not sitting at a beach table.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Do not miss this little piece of paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are staying at the Intercontinental near to I-Talay. After reading the reviews of this restaurant we walked a few minutes along the beach to find the treasure! It is simply magical! A beautiful spot on the beach lit with lanterns and candles not to mention the incredible view of the setting sun! I was worried that being on the beach we'd get munched by bugs but there wasn't a fly or mosquito in sight. The food is the best we have eaten in Thailand and a fraction of the cost of our hotel restaurants. I simply cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough! Don't miss it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We recently stayed at The Intercontinental on Koh Samui and 8 of us ate here most nights. The food was delicious, staff very friendly and helpful, and it was v well priced. We all agreed we highly recommend eating here. Thank you I Talay staff!