“The food is amazing in the most beautifully quaint setting!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Taling Ngam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located on the remote TALING NGAM BEACH -- very quiet, peaceful, surrounded with green nature, and a good spot to watch the sunset. All day local food and varieties of drinks are available to all visitors.
Dublin, Ireland
“The food is amazing in the most beautifully quaint setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We ate here tonight and enjoyed a fabulous meal, service was quick and attentive and the food was delicious, we ate all Thai options and each one was superb. Prawns in lime and chilli starter, chicken green curry and prawn stir fried in black pepper for mains. The food is really cheap and cocktails at a third of the price of the neighbouring hotels at 130 baht. They have a happy hour between 4:30 and 6:30 when the cocktails are 99 baht! The setting is amazing, right on the beach among candles and dimly lit and romantic setting!
We also enjoyed lunch here a couple of days ago when we shared a great pizza. The food is excellent and the staff are great.
Can't recommend this wonderful little place highly enough. If you are after an authentic Thai experience, you will love!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Nasai Garden & Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Value guests,

We would like to thank you very much for kindly comments and given us a very good review after visited. we will keep all good comments and also improve all comment for welcome you again for future visit.

Thank you very much and look forward to welcome you again fornext visit

With regards,

I- Talay Team...

North Wales
“Authentic food and excellent pizza!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Heard of this place on trip advisor so made an effort to find it. Just further up the beach from Inter Continental Hotel. Open aired hut, staff very friendly, mosqitos a bit of a pain but they brought us spray immediately.

Had a starter of satay, papaya salad, then mains of seafood, dont know what fish was eaten but lovely, curry, my kids had pizza and fish and chips. Surprisingly the best fresh pizza, you'd swear you were in Italy!!

Cheap meal, almost a quarter of the price we paid at Five Islands restaurant and alot tastier in my mind, well worth a visit! They serve until 9pm.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Value guests,

Your comment very good to help us to share experience with all travellers, very kind of this. We also happy to know that all of you are happy and enjoyable for dinner with us too.

Look forward to welcome you again.

I-Talay Team,
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Staying in Taling Ngam is very pricey and this restaurant was a fantastic find. The food was delicious and inexpensive compared to the surrounding hotels (3 minute walk from Sunset and 4 from Intercontinental). We literally ate four meals there in two days- it was that great. I highly recommend all their Thai food as well as their thin crust pizza. They have a pretty decent happy hour and the service is great! The wine was also surprisingly good considering the lack of it in Koh Samui.

The service was great and the owner was so sweet! I highly recommend walking a few minutes down the beach to find it and the sunset view is unbeatable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puchit, Owner at I-Talay Nasai Garden & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for very good comment and like our style of restaurant and also our food. We hope to welcome you and all of you friend in future coming ...

Greeting from I -Talay Team !!!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Yummy food, great service, lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great place for local Thai food with local price! Walking distance from Intercon. Relaxing dining by the beach! Great service. Food was good. Great range of menu but the fried papaya salad, steam squid with garlic, chili and lime and their prawn cake are the must have.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for very good support and helpfull with a good comment. It very much help to share experience for all travellers who still looking us to spend time...

Look forward toi see you again for next visit

I-Talay Team,
Singapore, Singapore
“Cheap and good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was looking for some authentic Thai food and found this place on TA (where else?)

When walking along the beach from the Intercon, don't worry if it seems there is no food in sight. I Talay is literally in a shack but don't worry, the food is good. Much better than what we had in the hotel, ie the Tom Yum Goong wasn't some watered down joke.

Great option for tourists living at the Baan Taling resorts. Will not say it is cheap by BKK or Huahin standards but definitely much cheaper than the resort food and much tastier.

Visited May 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for very good comments and enjoy with our service and food with us. The review is very much help us to share experience for all travellers to know our restaurant for visit..

Thank you and look forward to welcome again for next visit.

Chalie and I-Talay Team,,,