Stayed for 3 nights with my husband - we don't do a lot of yoga at home but were lucky enough to mainly be taught by Paul who was great, very thorough, showing even the regulars how they can be making the more out of every move. The rooms were really nice, very clean etc, beach was ok (not great), spa treatments were fantastic - we spent a lot of time in there and whilst the treatment rooms were basic, the treatments and therapists were brilliant. Food was very tasty (we're normally big meat eaters - none is served here) but enjoyed it anyway, and the juice bar. Lots of solo travellers there so there is a nice communal feel with everyone socialising around mealtimes etc. We weren't and it is hard to get space to yourselves but it was fine.
Overall well worth a visit for a relaxing/balancing few days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem". Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew'. This is a personal mission and one we are committed to share with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam