My girl friend, who is an excellent yogo teacher recommended Samahita for the both of us to go and stay for a week of sun, great food and yoga. She had not been, but she knew the guest yoga teacher, a man originally from London by the name of Simon Low who would be teaching the week of our stay. The classes were from 7:30am to 10am and then another from 4:30 to 6:30. Because of the amount of yogo involved, Simon went easy on the class, which was great for a new person like me, and he picked it up with each day of our stay. For myself, who is someone who had not yet seriously committed to yoga, both Simon and Samahita was the perfect combination. There are dozens if not hundreds of spas on Koh Samui, but Samahita specializes in yoga and delivers on it very well. Samahita only has enough room for about 35 guests and because it is reasonably priced, (the buffet is included if you don't order from the menu) it is typically very busy. You have your meals with people all over the world, which makes it interesting. They also have yoga teachers on staff if you don't sign up for the guest teacher program, a juice bar, gift shop, a wellness center for massages etc, and the staff is very nice. It was a perfect week of yoga introduction, healthy food and great sun because it is right on the beach, right next to their pool. There are other more expensive hotel/spa type places, which we went and looked at, ate some meals etc, but for yoga on the island, this is the place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem". Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew'. This is a personal mission and one we are committed to share with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam