Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were genuinely friendly and were always on hand. The people i met were special and had similar philosophies to my own. It was a very down to earth retreat where everyone helped each other. The food i particularly enjoyed and give me the energy I needed to positively enlighten me during my yoga. Unlike other places in Thailand where I have been and feel that things are money orientated and customer service is lost i did not find that here. The program I chose was the healthy weight program in which I got set vegetarian meals each day and had access to a personal trainer who consistently pushed me everyday.
I also took part in the cooking class which I thoroughly enjoyed and feel that it has helped me with healthy ideas while back in Hong Kong. Yoga is twice a day an hour and a half in the morning and an hour in the evening. There is also a fitness class option for people who really want to burn some calories!! The yoga was quite intense so proved sufficient for me with the healthy diet and juices I was having throughout the day. I also have never tried meditation but this was something that they offered and really helped clear my mind and will take this away with me.
I paid 13,300 hong kong dollar for a 1 week package. I found this to be a good value for money package. It includes 3 meals and 3 snack per day all healthy vegetarian food. Also a personal fitness trainer who helps work on strength and circuit training. Every morning have a meeting with the wellness team to discuss progress and how the course is going. Find this extremely useful. They are more than happy to listen and help.
The yoga instructors were brilliant. On my first day they made me feel very welcome and consistently helped me in my poses. After the week was finished I felt that I had learned more in a week than I had in 6 months of normal classes. Very knowledgeable teachers.
The room was very comfortable. King size bed, a lot of space and wifi. On the beautiful island of Koh Samui. Yoga in paradise
Thank You Samahita Retreat and staff
For such a great experience and I vow to return next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem" located on the quiet beach of Bang Kao. Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew'. This is a personal mission and one we are committed to share with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam