it´s quite easy for me to summarize our experience at samahita yoga thailand:
it was PERFECT and even more than we expected.
anyway, to embrace all the details i have to use some more words. :-)
1. the area
due to many thailand journeys we knew the local surroundings of the retreat center before we arrived for our stay. it is the most idyllic part of koh samui with less people, less noise, and less tourism. but there ARE the most important things one needs for a retreat:
silence & nature.
a beautiful, palm-fringed white beach, with a buddhist pagode on the right end and an endless strech of sand on the left. perfect for long walks or runs- if it´s not too hot- and for a dip in the warm see.
there are also some small beach shacks around to take a break in between :-)
2. the rooms
..are really nice & clean.
3. the people
the staff and the guests alike where wonderful.
met interesting people from all over the world and made friends with some of them...still in contact :-)
...the led classes in the beach shala and the mysore classes where the best- really THE BEST- we have ever done.
not only the peaceful surroundings and the atmosphere where beneficial for our practice... most of all we want to highlight THE TEACHERS who have been absolutely brilliant.
rachel (!!!), ivana and amy did everything to get the best out of us all. 10 days made a HUGE difference in our practice. be prepared to sweat. A LOT. more than ever. be prepared to get inspired. to fly. to be aware of each breath.
we absolutely loved it, really.
the evening classes were the restorative ones. they are well needed after the challenging morning practice!
the pranayama in the morning was quite easy and good for our focus before class. well explained and wonderful to recharge body & mind with energy.
there was also led meditation and guided relaxation twice a week which was amazing.
5. the food
...was perfect for the intensive yoga practice.
lots of vegetables, salads, rice, noodles, soups, breads, juices, joghurt, mueslis, curries, fresh fruits... nearly too good :-)
we were only wondering why there was fish on the menu sometimes- which doesn´t really get along with the yogic philosophy... but it´s still depending on the guest´s choice to eat or not to eat, isn´t it ;-)
overall it was a wonderful stay, and we would love to come back at some point of our lives :-)
btw: we recommended your teacher training to a friend of us who is looking for a good one since one year. i think she wants to join in 2013.
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.
om shanti from austria
nina & herta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem". Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew'. This is a personal mission and one we are committed to share with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam