“Samuis best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Elements Boutique Resort & Spa Hideaway

You added Elements Boutique Resort & Spa Hideaway to your Saves list
Elements Boutique Resort & Spa Hideaway
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   53 / 5 Moo 4, Phang Ka, Taling Ngam, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Taling Ngam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United Kingdon
“Samuis best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I have been reading reviews of hotels for a while to try and find the best place to go and relax away from the maddening crowd. Though there was the odd negative point on certain service issues for this resort the overall general optimism that most reviewers had made me decide to stay.

I was not disapointed!

Wonderful spacious yet cozy rooms designed with a feel for the natural. A spa where I
was pampered well beyond expectations. Food to die for and a can do attitude from the people there that just melted my stress away!

Forget heading for the main resorts with their corporate names and over inflated prices! Try Elements, nature ,nuture and care at a price thats affordable.

Aeh, Fai, Neaw, Mam, Sam and Steve-see you next year!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

Thanks to Trip Advisor we were able to book Elements Boutique Resort and Spa for 12 days in February.

We were looking for a 5 star resort on Koh Samui that was not part of the crowded scene of Chaweng Beach or Lamai ....... and we found what we wanted at Elements.

We booked two villa's as we were on an 'extended family' holiday ... one villa with a jacuzzi and one with private pool. It probably a little disappointing that there was a lack of privacy with regards the (private) pool and jacuzzi ... the latter sitting out on the balcony in full view of many other villa's. The jacuzzi was not what I expected, all it is is a large bath tub.... so we did not use it and others that we spoke with did not use theirs either. A waste of money if one is not going to use a facility that you pay extra for.

The villa with the private pool was excellent value... again, no privacy. We had a second level villa and could look down on three other villa's, direct into their pool area.

Both our villa's were excellently appointed.... large, airy and clean. In fact in all the resorts we have stayed at over the years, these rooms (at Elements) would have to be the absolute best. Bathrooms were very large and well set out.... we also had a kitchenette. Though no stores close by if you wished to purchase extra fruit or other foods.

Coffee machine, kettle, mini bar all were well stocked.

This is NOT a resort for young children. Though having said that, there were a few exceptionally well behaved children while we were there. But below us was one that did nothing but scream every day.....not all day ... but at some stage every day she would scream for at least an hour. This is also right beside the spa .... not very pleasant when you are supposed to be relaxing!

This resort does not have a childs pool or playground area and so does not cater for young children. Some days we wanted to go into the pool area where the spa seats are - but couldn't due to the number of children in this area that really is better situated for adults.

The gym would have to be the best in any resort on Samui ..... even where we live in Singapore our private condo does not have this top quality equipment. Couldn't ask for more .... complete with steam room and sauna too.

The Fai Restaurant served fabulous food ...... and dare I say that bit would be nice to have something 'plain and simple' on the menu every few days? But having said that, we did ask the staff for this 'special meal' - and it was served - without any complaint. The wait staff are all local employee's and were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. If they could not help, they would get some one that could.

We travel extensively throughout Asia (and elsewhere) and we know that we must always be aware of language difficulties ... by speaking slow and clearly ... we can always overcome language barriers, and with the staff at Elements it was no different. They are all learning English and we - as English speaking guests - need to have patience and also be helpful by encouraging them rather than complaining as I see another 'comment' on Trip Advisor' has done. We have no complaint of the wait staff at Fai .... my only 'complaint' would be that when we say NO chilli ... we mean none at all.... but even that is not a 'complaint'!!

The extra activities that Elements put on every few nights is excellent ...... normally I do not participate in these 'fun get togethers' that some resorts put on .., but at Elements it is done professionally. Be it the BBQ by the beach, the 'meet the team' or whatever else ... it works and it works well. I like that they have a few snacks and drinks where you can mingle with other guests ... this is a very small resort and it is nice to be able to put a name to a face and at least be able to greet others at breakfast in the morning. A nice touch.

The beach area is not the long white sparkling beach you might expect ..... there is a high tide and sometimes you can walk for at least 50 metre's - or more - out to the sea. This is more of a beach area for walking and taking in the local activities of fishing etc. The beach area in front of Elements had bean bags ( another nice touch) and beach beds for lazing around..... the beach bar was well stocked and again, the staff are excellent.

Outside the resort area are roads that lead past local housing and so are good for going for a morning walk ..... the resort also has vehicles where the driver will take you to Lamai or Nathon, or anywhere else for that matter, so you are not totally isolated. You can be as isolated as you want to be!!!

The Spa and the staff are the best and go beyond what is expected of them .... suffice to say I have had the best massages of anywhere in Asia by Mam and her wonderful staff. They are all friendly and courteous and mindful of your needs. Very good value, so do add this into your budget and daily activity when staying here. It is a must!

The managerial staff are great .... reception area included. Everyone will do anything they can to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. Sam is very good at making everyone feel very comfortable, you cannot help but enjoy such a holiday.

Overall, Elements concept is just perfect .... small, intimate, peaceful and friendly. Their number one priority is to make you - the guest - as comfortable as possible. This they do. If they can keep the 'personal touch' at Elements on going, then this resort will be a winner.

We would highly recommend this resort to couples and small adult groups without doubt.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
siddall67, owner manager at Elements Boutique Resort & Spa Hideaway, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Firstly i would like to thank the reviewer for such high praise for our resort. We believe we still have some way to go before we will be where we want to be but its nice to see our efforts rewarded.

I just want to correct a couple of small details- for those who dont know the hotel.
The couple were booked into a sea-view apartment. Some of these seaviews do indeed come with a balcony bath(not jacuzzi) . And indeed privacy is not full yet. We are currently modifying this ,though fifty percent of users seem happy to use the balcony bath.
We do have garden villa with private-proper jacuzzis.

Regarding the villa privacy(pool-wise). With some of the villas this comment is absolutley correct. We have built wooden frames around these villas with the intention of having the plant life grow around to make a natural screen. However no matter how much i talk to them i cant get them to grow faster!

I hope to resolve this matter very soon by adding more fully grown plant life.

Re children. We do in fact have a childrens paddle pool. But i have to agree we re not 100 percent orientated around children and are ensuring future bookings with young children will not be near the spa area.
Also for summer(family time) we are making some childrens entertainment is available so that ALL can have a pleasent stay.

Again thank you for the review, i have spoken to the team, all remembered you with fondness, and we hope to see you again in the future

Best regards

Stephen
Unterhaching
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Excellent and peaceful. Stayed here for 5 nights in November 2009 in an ocean view room. Most beautiful scenerie on Samui (if you need mass tourism, go to Chaweng) and no doubt one of the best value top notch restaurants in Thailand. Would always come back to stay here for a couple of peaceful days.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I start this review by calling this Boutique Resort and Spa a Tropical Paradise and this is no exaggeration. I visit Samui a lot and actually did see this place being built. I thought then this is going to be beautiful when it's completed and I am not disappointed.
The rooms are superb, spacious and everything you need - next time I intend to try one of the villas and yes there will be a next time. The staff are the most helpful and delightful, although the odd one may not speak the best English but then who am I to criticise I cannot speak their language. Food is wonderful and the spa facilities the best I've encountered on the Island. This boutique/spa is in a nice quiet and relaxing area with a lovely private beach and views. One cannot help but feel that this is luxury in tropical splendour and I for one found my stay the most relaxing I've ever experienced.
Whilst Elements is on the less commercial side of Samui for those of us who wish to enjoy the night life of Samui it is within easy reach of the bright lights either by hire car or for the more adventurous of less age than myself who tend to favout the two wheel mode of transport along with 90% of the Samui population.
One final thing I am not a swimmer but it is nice to relax in the Chlorine free pools at the complex.
This really is five star pleasure at such reasonable rates.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I would like to thank Elements and all staff, especially Sam Stringer, for their generous hospitality that I received whilst holidaying there in Feb10. As my review title states, everything that we ate/drank/did was way beyond what I was expecting. We were after a relaxing holiday at a first class resort with a little nightlife accessible near by. We got this and more! Thanks again guys.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

My wife and I went to Thailand for our honeymoon and this was the 'relaxation and pampering' part of the holiday. Following 3 manic days in Bangkok we wanted somewhere that was quiet and out of the way where we could relax and enjoy ourselves, and we did just that at Elements. The resort itself is fantastic, very modern and stylish. We enjoyed lying on the stunning private beach most days. The resort has a decent gym and afterwards you can go for one of the many different treatments at the Spa; we had a Thai massage, Hot Compress Massage and a Swedish Massage, all very reasonably priced.
The food in the restaurant is great and fairly inexpensive, and they will fetch food to your room if you feel like staying in and watching some of the free DVD's from their library.
The staff were all really friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us.
They also offer trips out around the island if you want to go and have a look round.
I would definately recommend this place for anyone who wants a nice quiet relaxing break from the rat race!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Overall my stay at Elements was very good. Although I had a minor problem / false start to my holiday, the staff (especially Sam) were very quick to make up for it without any prompting on my part. I have never had a "luxury" holiday before so I cannot compare however I was more than happy. It is a new resort however so there are some "teething problems" but nothing major. My room was huge & very clean. My biggest criticism would be the architectural layout is not too well thought out because my private courtyard was not private whatsoever as many of the balconies from the surrounding rooms have a wonderful view of my pool, so no skinny-dipping! The restaurant is great, the waitstaff are extremely helpful & friendly although the kitchen need to know what "no chilli" means! The food is excellent although try to avoid confusing the waitstaff if you wish to have something that is not strictly on the menu. The gym is very modern so I used it most days. The reception staff are particularly lovely & very knowledgeable. I like that the resort is small because it is more intimate & you get to know other guests & staff personally. The spa is by far the best thing about this resort, both value-for-money & quality. I highly recommend Mam for a massage. And thanks for the birthday cake!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Elements Boutique Resort & Spa Hideaway? Share your experiences!