We stayed in Athena Villa I which is closest to the sea and on the highest spot on the small hill. I would say that it has the best views. Two of the Athena villas are build on second row and don't have as good views, so make sure that you know which villa you are booking, the price difference wasn't that much.
- very modern villas with extremely beautiful interior design
- amazing views!!! Just the best one can expect... in the spring you can even see mountains that have snow on top and then the beautiful sea in the front, just perfect!!
- modern and comfortable furniture outside and inside the villas
- big and clean pool (not heated, so a bit too cold in May)
- situated close to nice beaches (very small, but lovely beach is just 5-10 mins walk away), airport and Chania city (about 25 min drive)
- clean (even though the mid-week cleaning was not very good)
- staff was easy to get in touch and helpful
- A/C worked nicely
- all modern equipment e.g. dishwasher, TVs, iphone station, laundry machine etc
- tennis court
- lovely gardens
- nice welcome gift
- WIND, yes, extreme hard wind!!! It was impossible to be outside on the beautiful terrace and enjoy the swimming pool, all the furniture outside had to be secured next to walls and still wind kept throwing chairs and tables around. The wind was very hard even though it was nice and sunny day and unfortunately we got only a couple of nice days without the terrible wind during our 7 days of stay. Nothing that anyone can do much about, but I would check before booking a villa that is it windy all summer or only in May when we visited. Since Athena Villa I is on the very top of the hill so I assume that the problem with the wind is the biggest there.
- no basic things such as toilet paper was offered more than one roll in each toilet (no refill), in such an expensive villa you take such things as granted...
- it takes quite a while before there comes warm water from the showers, had to first put the water running and then start preparing for the shower, to avoid getting too cold while waiting the water to warm up
- Three of the bedrooms are situated in the bottom floor which is partly below the ground and there is no view at all (small window high up on the wall), positive thing is that the rooms remain nice and cold even though when it's hot out
- no BBQ available (well, due to the wind one could not use it anyway)
- if all the Divine villas and the villas next to divine villas are occupied there can be some noise, since the villas are buildt close to each other, they are pretty privat (no one over looking at least the villa where we stayed).
We got a very nice offer and reduced price since we were booking late and travelling in May, therefore the value for money was good, but I would not pay the list price. The views are awesome, but there are still some things missing that don't make it worth spending more than 2000 euros/week (unless you have e.g. 3 families to share the costs).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is not a dream. This is Divine Villas. Eight luxury houses built with Greek architecture in mind.- Located only 10 minutes from Chania- Amazing views- Lovely accommodation- Large, private pool- Wonderful services to help make your stay a memorable one.Choose your favorite style villa – sea view or seafront – and enjoy the holiday of a lifetime.We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo so you can book your Divine villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divine Villas Greece/Akrotiri, Chania