My first stay with this resort was in 2008. Since then we have visited every year and stayed in Nanu Resort. We love staying here for a variety of reasons :-
1) Beach is not crowded and just a 2 minute walk. My son particularly loves it.
2) Getting in from the airport is a 15 minute drive to the property.
3) Close proximity to the Madgaon railway station and Martins Corner ( our favorite Goan restaurant)
4) Tranqulity, peace in the property and this part of of South Goa,
Our definition of a holiday in Goa is simple, enjoy the beach, good food, just relax with a good book & enjoy the glorious walks by the sea. All these can be done without feeling a big pinch on your wallet. We feel that this property just fits our holiday needs.
We usually stay in the Super Deluxe Room on the upper level as I enjoy sitting there in the early mornings listening to the swaying leaves and watching the sea at a distance. The room is clean, functional with a television ( huge choice of channels) with a window airconditioner. There is a power back-up and hence the power cuts dont bother you. The bathroom is clean and has basic tolieteries like a liquid soap, hand soap, towels and shampoo. Nothing luxurious but functional. If you want the luxuries you need to pay for them..
Some of the reviews mention taxi/car hire being being expensive, it is common across the whole of Goa and not for this resort. The best way to get around is by hiring a two wheeler.
Coming to the food, the breakfast and dinner buffet spread are pretty good. While it may not offer a huge array of dishes and not every dish may be lip smacking, it is indeed value for money. Some of their dishes( balchao, caldin) ordered a la carte are superb and prices reasonable. They have a poolside bar which I feel can be better as the cocktails available there are not impressive. However for those who enjoy their beer or regular spirits, the place is just fine.
The laundry service is good & prompt, front office staff professional in their approach and the room service good.
We would continue to patronize this place as we find it great value for money and fits our concept of holiday in Goa.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nanu Resort Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nanu Resort Goa Hotel Bardez
- Nanu Hotel
- Nanu Beach Resort Goa
- Nanu Resort Goa Betalbatim