“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaconsfield Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Battlefield
Beaconsfield Holiday Park
You added Beaconsfield Holiday Park to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Upper Battlefield, Upper Battlefield SY44AA, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Just got home from a short break at Beaconsfield, Arrived to a friendly warm welcome lodge was very nice, the flowers and wine left by the owners was a lovely touch,we had a problem with the heating, we called reception and with in 5-10 mins they were ther to fix it (thank you) we had a meal in the Bothy Sat evening? all what we expected, service, food and wine first class. I was a little unsure at first after reading some of the reviews but really dont know what people find to complain about, there are cheaper and lower standards out there! maybe they would be better going there so that there will be more vacancies at Beaconsfield for the people like us who appreciate the hard work that goes in to running a tight ship and a well one at that.
First time at Beaconsfield but will be sure to return soon.
Thank you all! for all your effort and making our break lovely
Mr Mrs Hutchins, Cheshire.

ps could do with a mirror in main bedroom for us ladies doing our hair.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
widnes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

On arrival reception was very helpful. They escorted us to the lodge and showed us the hot tub and explained what was in the area to do.
The lodge itself was incredible. The rooms were very spacious. 2 double bedrooms each with an en suite bathroom. A huge lounge and a fully stocked kitchen.
A welcome note with a bottle of wine was a nice touch.
There was a widescreen TV with free view and a DVD player if needed.
There is a fishing lake which you can fish at for £5 a day. Just bring your own rods and bait.
Many ducks to be fed too!
I would return here tomorrow if I could. It was the most perfect relaxing break :)

• Stayed February 2012
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We own a static caravan on this site and love the place. People saying the staff are rude is an absolute joke. Phil and Russell have always been very helpful, friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them if you need help or advice. All of the staff work extremely hard to maintain its very high standards which is why it maintains its 5 star ratings. Moving on to the comments about to many rules and regulations, Everybody has rules and regulations even the sad people moaning about removing shoes! Would you be happy if I walked into your house with muddy boots on? I doubt it very much. Now the cost - Its a well known fact that you get what you pay for in this life. In this case you get excellent value at a top class site with wonderful facilities which you only need to pay for if you use them .If anyone can find a better maintained site with better facilities, with more helpful and friendly staff ,which is better value for money drop me a line and I WILL PAY FOR FOR YOUR STAY MYSELF. So to end my little rant for all you moaning small minded people who only go on holiday to find fault and complain, PLEASE STAY AT HOME AND AWAY FROM OUR LOVERLY CARAVAN PARK !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just got back from a weekend on the park with our motorhome,found it to be rather expensive definatley not worth £23per night.Yes there is a pool but with a £3 charge for one hour I can go down to my local pool for less than that.They also wanted to charge £2.50 for using a credit card (have you been talking to Mr Oleary from Ryan Air).The location is up a long winding track which really ought to have some sort of markers on the posts when people have to walk back in the dark,even with a torch it was hard to see where we were going.The noise from the road was really bad at times,this is not even mentioned in the discription of the park.The only thing positive I can say about the place is that the local pub down in Hadsall is great,mine hosts Paul and Lindsey were very nice,they both made us feel very welcome an the food was good.Won't be returning to the park but will certainly call in the pub if we are passing.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5348000, Owner at Beaconsfield Holiday Park, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
The cost per night is very competitive for a 5 star, 5 pennent park in this area.
The afore mentionned 'track' cost us £65,000 to tarmac 2 years ago...therefore not a track! It is lit up to midnight nightly.
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I have just come back from a stay at the park and can't believe the comments on here! On arrive I found the lodge was a very high standard. The nice touch of a welcome note made it even more or a special trip. The lodges are finished to a high standard, along with the rest of the park. The restaurant on sight was an added bonus with a good range of food, which was amazing. Hot tub and a swimming pool really finished off the trip on a high. It is set in a beautiful area of Shropshire countryside close enough to Shrewsbury to venture in and see the highlights. I found the staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble, even when recommending other restaurants in the area to eat at! All in all I would always return to somewhere that we were made to feel so special - thank you :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I can not deny that the lodge itself was done out very nicely, however sadly for me that is where the good points end. Staying here is like going on holiday to a school. The sheer number of rules you have to adhere to, especially when on holiday, is unbelievable. Simple things like notices on the door into the lodge saying 'Shoes MUST be removed' are not good ways to start a holiday. People will remove their shoes anyway, but to be told you must is not something you generally appreciate. Also it doesn't say anywhere that credit/debit cards are not accepted. To be greeted by someone asking for a £75 cash deposit, which they will then send back to you via cheque is not particularly in the holiday mood. It then took me 2 weeks to get my money back! If they can refund by cheque why can't they take cheques? Also the restaurant is only open 3 nights and you can't just go there to drink, you have to eat. And again, no cards, just cash. The hot tub with the lodge is nice, but it is locked to 36 degrees. Anyone that's used a hot tub before will know that generally hot tubs are operated between 38 - 40 degrees. Why they felt the need to lock it at a low temperature is also not in the holiday spirit. But the final nail in the coffin for me was the note left on my car. As I wasn't allowed to park more than 1 car next to my lodge my daughters car was left in the car park, alongside 2 other cards. The next day the other 2 cars had gone, leaving just my daughters. Someone had taken it upon themselves to leave a note stating 'Can you move this car as it is obviously taking up 3 spaces'. There are no marked spaces, the car was parked in the same way as 2 others, why someone felt the need to leave this note to a family that had paid a lot of money for their holiday is beyond me. I have used hose seasons for 30 years and have never complained before, but I had to get my thoughts across this time. I will never return to this site again, and I would advice people to consider how much of a relaxing time they want when they're on holiday. If they want to be able to come and go as they please and essentially live like they're on holiday, then this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
5348000, Owner at Beaconsfield Holiday Park, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
- We have a notice to remind people to remove their shoes as the lodges are carpeted with 80/20 wool carpets, we also leave complimentary slippers in each lodge for guests use. People do occasionally forget!
-We accept credit and debit cards on the Park and in the restaurant. We also welcome cheque payment. (Not sure where he got this impression).
-The Bothy Restaurant is a TABLE licensed a la carte restaurant as advertised (with all it opening times.)
-£75 cleaning deposit is written on all Hoseasons correspondence. Cheque payment welcomed.
- All cleaning deposits are returned within 2 working days after departure.
-Our luxury hot tubs are set at 36 degrees as per manufacturers healthy and safety advice. Our luxury tubs maintain the temperature during use, not after use like cheaper models.
-One car per lodge is permitted, extra cars are parked on separate car park provided. The car inparticular was taking up 3 spaces, a note was left on the windscreen due to remarks from fellow holiday makers.
- As for me being rude....at no time did I come into contact with them!
- Our terms and conditions are clearly set out and you are made fully aware of them on booking through Hoseasons, all you need to do is read them.
Barnsley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We just spent an amazing long weekend here for my birthday. We stayed in the Wrekin Premier lodge which was outstanding. We loved everything about the place, the beautiful bath, the hot tub, the surroundings, the staff, the restaurant, the food. Everything was perfect. We will be back, thank you Beaconsfield for a truly wonderful weekend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaconsfield Holiday Park? Share your experiences!