“Very nice restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
hampshire
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant. From the outside it doesn't look much, but inside really makes you feel as if you are on holiday somewhere. The staff are always friendly and polite. The food is very nice. We have had pizza a few times, the last time we went though we asked for chilli on our pizza and it turned up with chilli oil all over it, which made it very soggy. This time we had steak, and it was wonderful.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, England
“A Great Restaurant surprised its not busier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I actually live in Birmingham but rate this restaurant very highly and always call in when I visit my Friend in Cowplain usually on my first night after a long drive. I have never had a bad meal here everything is always fresh and piping hot. The house wine is pretty good and the staff are always more than accommodating especially with picky teenagers who only want certain pizza toppings! I can never understand why its so quiet in the week as its much better than the surrounding restaurants.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“An excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant on a Saturday night at 7 o'clock.

We were greeted by the manager and introduced to our waitress who showed us to our table. We were lucky to have a fairly private table in the corner. Service was quick and the waiter was happy to give us extra time to decide what we were having. Once ordered our starters arrived very quickly. I had the cured meat salad which was really big enough to share and my wife had the king prawns. This dish was served freshly cooked (hot) and both were delicious.

We both had fillet steak for main and our only complaint would be that one was over cooked. Both were ordered medium rare but one steak was thinner so needed less time. Apart from this they were delicious and the vegetables and sauces were excellent. Again the food was piping hot and straight from the chef. It's nice to know your food hasn't sat about waiting to be served.

Dessert and wine were both good and we were satisfied with the overall price. We would have liked a bit more time between courses as we like to make an evening of it but didn't feel too rushed. I guess others would complain they were kept waiting if they were given more time. Overall the services was good even though there was a large party in.

We would definitely return to sample more of the menu.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Great local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Have been here twice since moving to the area and will definitely be back. Delicious food, great wine and good service. Really enjoyable and great to be able to visit a restaurant within walking distance!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“April 2012”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We visited this restaurant on a Friday evening. Outside doors were closed so we were not sure if it was open. Once inside, quickly greeted and shown to a table, food & wine order politely taken and asked if we would like a jug of water.Wine glasses were not as clean as I would have liked, however the ones on the next table were better so we swapped them over. My food was a little on the bland side, could not taste any garlic on the garlic bread, main course of Spinach & Ricotta pasta in bolognese sauce wasn't very tasty. However,giant prawns were plentiful and tasty. Not much atmosphere and music seemed to be more french than italian. No one asked if everything was ok. Overall,it was a disappointing experience, sadly, we will not be going back & not a place I would recommend

• Visited April 2012