“Nice surrounding, small room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock

You added Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Stifford, Grays Thurrock RM16 5UE, England (Formerly Lakeside Moat House)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Stifford
Budapest, Hungary
“Nice surrounding, small room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I felt a bit wierd because I expected more from this hotel. It is placed in a very nice area, you can see rabbits in the garden in the evening, calm, mignonne.
There is no elevator so I needed to take my heavy luggage by myself.
The room is very small, there is a design hotel, refurbished recently but it means that there is no closet in the room just a metal thing staning out from the wall and you can hang their your coat and shirts.
Bed was comfortable, big.
The whole room is so small, with two pple staying would have been very crowded, I store my luggage next to the door. There is no place to store your clothes what you don`t want to hang-so I needed keep them in the luggage.
Clean, room service is fine.
Breakfast-well..... I expected more, not much variety. Staff in lunch area is not very nice.
Internet service is poor, working but very slow, kept cracking.

Room Tip: suite rooms might be bigger,if you have luggage try to ask for a room in the ground floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David G, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. I was pleased to read that your overall experience was good. I have noted your feedback on the room and the amenities in the room. I am sorry there was no assistance offered with your luggage - I do encourage our reception team to offer this to travellers with lots of luggage.
I was sorry to hear about your experience in the restaurant - It is unusual for us to get negative feedback about the breakfast staff as generally I always get great feedack. I have asked my Food and Beverage Manager to look at this.
Once again many thanks for you review and I hope you will return to the hotel in the near future
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were not staying at the hotel but me and my husband, daughter and her partner wanted a celebratory meal but the restaurant was closed on a Friday which we thought was very odd, so we had to have a meal in the bar. The staff were freindly but we waited over an hour for our main course and they were not even busy. The food was ok but nothing special then we ordered a sweet but after 20 minutes we were told they did not have what we wanted so chose something else. How can it tke that long to check what they have in their fridge? After yet another 30 minutes we we complained and said we did not want the desert so the manager came over and said it was along time as our desert was frozen! They did take the drinks off the bill as a jesture how ever we will not go again and certainly would not recommend it an eating place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Wanderer,
Many thanks for your revew of the hotel. I was disapointed to read about your experience in the bar.
I know that on Fridays when we do not have large numbers of guests in the hotel we do not have the restaurant open however the restaurant menu's are always available in the bar to choose from.
I have passed your feedback on to the chef and the food and beverage manager so they can ensure that there is no repitition of your experience for another guest. If you would like to speak with me directly about your experience I am available at the hotel daily on 01708719988 or can be emailed at david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these North Stifford hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed for the night as part of a short break coach holiday, to visit the Olympic site at Stratford and Greenwich. Our Tour Manager had the foresite to phone ahead to the hotel as it was a Sunday. They set up a carvery dinner for us even though the restaurant would normally have been closed and they pulled in staff to serve us, which I think is highly commendable. We had a choice of; turkey, gammon or beef, all hot, for our mains and a good selection of desserts to follow.The service was really good too so "well done" to the Radisson.

Our rooms were very attractive indeed and looked quite new. You could probably check this out on their website. Give it a try!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hi Eric,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to see that the team looked after you and your fellow guests. They will be delighted that their efforts have been recognised. I do hope that you and some of your group will considder coming back to the hotel in the near future.
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

choose this hotel as it was close to my brothers who i was visiting , good value for money lovely clean big room , good buffet breakfast , would use again, got a good deal with lastminute , had a few drinks in bar ,nice friendly service , reception even kindly booked us a taxi

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi Lianne,
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We always have lots of good deals available online perhaps we may see you again sometime in the near future.
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Cheap eBay deal and good value for what we paid for 2 nights.
Close to the huge Bluewater and Lakeside shopping centres but nothing else nearby.
We used it as a base for a visit to London (from nearby Grays train station).
The hotel was clean, staff were friendly and food excellent (though plates were cold on 2 occasions). The room was comfortable and bathroom with modern shower spotless but we were aware of even talking next door and we only had a view of a car park.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Jools,
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. I was pleased to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We are well located for London and the train only takes 30 mins or so to get into the city so it is a good base to exlplore the city from. I hope you enjoyed the shopping while you were here. I do hope that you will come back to the hotel in the not too distant future.
Best regards.
East Midlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My grandparents had their Golden Wedding Anniversary party in one of the rooms at this hotel and we all stayed over the night, when we first arrived it took about 10minutes to get to the check out desk as the que was very long and there was only one person on reception, we got to our rooms which were very nice and i unpacked all of my things and got in the shower, whilst i was in the shower i could hear somebody trying to get into my roomso went out to check - it was my grandparents - they had given us the same room. My parents went to reception to sort it out and they said they were sorry and gave them 2 new card keys for a different room, I then had to re-pack everything and move it into a new room down the hall (all with wet hair in my dressing gown) the room was very badly lit with mirrors in awkward places and it was dificult to get ready in (maybe thats a girl thing??). When i went down to the party it was a lovely room, the food wasnt brought out until 9pm and the wine my granparents paid for wasnt put on the tables until around 9:30pm - i can only assume that this was so guests would spend at the bar which is shockingly overpriced, £6.80 for a jager and redbull, £5 for a small glass of wine, £7.85 for a double & mixer!!! the left over food was taken away even though my grandparents did want to take it with them as they had payed for it! we also ordered room service but had to go out of our room to reception to pay for it (and they still tried to charge us a room service fee!!) we were told it would be 15mins but it was half an hour. We also had to wait 15mins for a table at breakfast although it was pre-booked. The staff were generally rude and unhelpful, it is extrmely overpriced for the service you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I was sorry to read about the issues you experienced during your stay. I have passed the feedback about your check in to the Front Office Manager to review the procedures. I have also spoken diectly with your grandparents about their celebration and I know that they are satisfied with the outcome of our discussions.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had a really lovely experience at this hotel over the weekend 14/15th September 2012. Having been at a Park Inn elsewhere recently I was a bit sceptical but should not have worried. The hotel was delightful, old mixed with new blended beautifully. All the staff were friendly and welcoming,knowledgeable of the area and trains to and from the City. The room was very modern,clean and well stocked with the teas,coffees and bathroom bits needed for a short stay, the evening meal,served in a beautiful restaurant, was of a high standard as was the buffet breakfast that catered for all tastes. The only down side was the M25 to get there!!.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzie,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I know the M25 isnt always much fun but I hope thatt hye relaxing time you had with us made up for it. I do hope you will come back to the hotel in the near future.
David

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock? Share your experiences!