“Quaint and charming” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pueblo Por La Playa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucena City
Pueblo Por La Playa
You added Pueblo Por La Playa to your Saves list
ML Tagarao cor. Enriquez Sts, Lucena City, Luzon, Philippines   |
manila
“Quaint and charming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

My friend who owns a time share here -booked my family in this resort when we went to Lucena to attend his brother's wedding. It took us almost 5 hours drive to get there, but my friend said on wee hours, you can reached Lucena from Manila in 3 hours. Definitely can not do this on a day trip only, must visit the resort in an over night basis.
The resort is very private, most of the other guests we saw on our stay are the family type, the food selection is not very good and is also not very bad also, it is palatable, my complaint is most of the dishes even the rice are cold when served, not very hearthy to eat.
The design of the whole resort is Mexican inspired , very colorful, it exudes a happy ambiance, the rooms are large, bathroom ensuite complete with toiletries, the bedroom even has a balcony that opened to the beach front, complete with hammock, etc. There is a golf cart that shuttles the guests from one point to another.
Not much to do here except swim in the infinity pool, the sand on the beach is quite coarse not very enticing to swim there.
For me, one visit is enough, just for a look see, it is not like Boracay, where you never get tired to visit the beach, even you do it on an annual basis.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was looking for a place to go to that has a beach and a pool for my family's summer get-away. There were loads of places to choose from but it was either fully booked for the weekend or far too expensive. My niece's friend recently visited the place, hence I opted to check it out. It is normally for members only but when I phoned up the helpdesk they said that they will accept non-members pending the "boards" approval. Later that day, I received a phone call saying that we were granted to make a booking. The room rates were fairly reasonable for 5,500 to 6,500 pesos a night. It was good for 4 adults but they allow maximum of 5-6 with extra charge of course. The rooms were very colorful with a separate sitting area for watching telly. All the usual amenities are in the room apart from Wi-Fi as they claimed it was under trial. And nowhere in the resort can you get connected to the Internet. They said that they have usual water activities such as jetski, banana boating, island hopping, kayak and fishing. But the only available activity at that time was kayak. We got different messages from the staff regarding the availability of the jetski and banana boat. One staff said it was under repair and the other one said that we should have booked it at an earlier time because the one doing it is already in another island. I think they lacked proper information dissemination to their clients. Next thing was regarding the spa/massage. I asked if it was available day and night and was told yes. But when I asked for it at night they said that no one's gonna be able to do it anymore. When I asked the following morning, I was told I should have pre-booked it again. Some staff didn't seem to know answers to some queries, some are quick to respond. Food price was affordable and taste quite good. But having two restaurants that opens at different times was quite confusing. One caters for light-bites the other for a much heavier meal. It would have been better if both were open at the same time to have a variety of food to choose from. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but having 3 very eager kids and 8 playful adults, with nothing else to do but swim in the pool left us with no choice but just to stay overnight. The beach I think was not originally white sand. The shore was white but the sand on the beach / sea was gray. The water was not that clear hence we spent most of our time swimming in their beautiful infinity pool. The place is good for those who just wants to chill and relax.

• Stayed April 2011
Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

The resort was supposedly for members and residential lot owners only, but I guess they allow non-members during off-peak beach season, which includes December. That's why we got accommodated. The resort is quite big, with Mexican-inspired guest rooms that are very spacious. Perfect for families with 4, even 5 kids. The rooms have the usual amenities (aircon, TV, refrigerator), but no WI-FI. If you want to connect to the resort's free WI-FI network, you have to sit around the main lobby area. The rooms are colorful and generally clean. Housekeeping staff are courteous although response time is a bit slow at times. The resort does not allow guests to bring food inside. Its restaurant though is not that expensive and the food is actually quite good. As for the resort's amenities, you can choose to swim in the beach or in their two big swimming pools. Sad to say we were not able to swim in the beach coz the winds were quite strong and the water didn't look very clean. Maybe it looks better during the summer months of April and May. The biggest turn-off during our stay was when we checked-in. The ladies in the front desk did not seem to be well-trained in how to handle guests, in general. Which is a big no-no if you're in the resort business. I don't know if they were just fill-ins for regulars who themselves maybe on vacation as well, like us. But we managed to get by for two days. I guess they're just lucky that we are not the quick-to-complain type. Overall, I liked the resort's location (just 3hrs from Manila), spacious and clean guest rooms, good restaurant food, quiet and family-oriented environment, and courteous staff. What I didn't like was the inept front-office staff, sometimes quick-sometimes not housekeeping staff, no WI-FI in the rooms, and bad beach. I will post some pics soon!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Pueblo Por La Playa? Share your experiences!