“Not Very Welcoming” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Waterfront Inn

Waterfront Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westward Ho
Waterfront Inn
You added Waterfront Inn to your Saves list
Golf Links Rd, Westward Ho, Bideford EX39 1LH, England   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Westward Ho B&B and Inns
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Not Very Welcoming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had paid £20.00 deposit a couple of weeks earlier, when we booked the room via phone. When we arrived and went to check in, we were asked to pay the balance immediately before we had even seen the room! We were informed that we needed to vacate the room by 10.00 am the following morning - not unusual - but as our onward transport would not be leaving until 11.00 am, we asked if we could leave our case in the lobby while we had a look around town. This request was met with a flat refusal.
We had intended to eat at The Waterfront that evening but due to the unfriendliness, we decided to eat elsewhere, so they lost out on the deal.
The room was very pleasant and comfortable, with a sea view
The choice of breakfast was very limited. Basically, Cereal, Orange juice and tea or coffee and full English breakfast. The bacon and fried egg were hard and the baked beans congealed.
This was our last night on this section of the Southwest Coast Path. Our intension is to start the next section from Westward Ho! but we will not be staying at The Waterfront Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
teeside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was spacious and the decor was modern, i really liked the large shower. The only negatives about this hotel is the children's soft play, it is dirty with rubbish left laying around. There is no staff supervising and lots of parents let their children run riot whilst sitting out side. This really needs looking into as itis is health and safety issue. It is quite noisy on a night due to the entertainment. Other than this we really enjoyed our stay. The staff were fantastic really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We decided to eat here one night to try as we were staying in Westward Ho and this was very near our apartment and they had my much loved nachos on the menu which I can't resist. All started very well, staff seemed efficient and friendly and so we ordered nachos for starters to share and our main meals. First came our nachos, then about 10 mins later followed our mains which perplexed me somewhat so I asked the staff why our main meals had come so soon. I was then informed that when ordering I should have made sure that I wanted them as a starter as they are not a starter as such and can be ordered as a main meal or a starter. Then asked if I would like my meals taken back and put under the heater until we was ready for them. As i had ordered chicken I thought that was not a good idea, as by the time I would be ready for them it would be all dry and rather pants. Plus I was really annoyed at basically being told it was my fault when we ordered our meal in the first place. I questioned this as I thought it a little rude to be fair, as any staff taking the order should have asked the question and surely would know it was not to come with mains!! but obviously I was wrong and have therefore identified a training issue. However if this was for another main we would have had to wait for 10 mins before our other meals had arrived anyway so either way all was wrong. So a word of warning to all; If your ordering nachos before mains please specify. Meal was sent back as would have been ruined and staff did offer refund which we took and vacated and never went back for the rest of the week we stayed or will again to be honest as a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nelspruit, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have mixed feelings about my one-night stay. I arrived at 11.30am, and they had a vacant room, but it wouldn't be ready until 1.30, which is fine, BUT they wouldn't let me leave my small bag there while I went for a walk. So I sat at a small table for 2 hours with a cup of coffee while the room filled up with people wanting a table for Sunday lunch . . . The ensuite room was good value, had a flat screen TV, a bath, lots of coffee, milk and sugar, BUT the bar door below me banged shut all afternoon and evening as people went in and out. The Sunday night quiz evening was very noisy below, BUT it stopped at 10.30pm, which was reasonable. Breakfast was average, BUT it took half an hour to make some scrambled eggs on toast (I was the only one there). I was finally glad to leave, BUT the front door was locked, and I was told to go out round the back. Not impressed, BUT, hey, it's reasonably cheap, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bideford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have regularly used this pub for lunches with people with special needs. The staff are lovely, very helpful and accommodating, and the manageress Jo is on the ball and always ensures everything is as it should be, and all requests are met. The food is good value, and good quality pub food. The fish & chips come with a salad, coleslaw and peas, and is freshly cooked, with lovely batter! The carvery on a Thurs/Sat is also very good value, and the vegetables are frequently replaced with fresh ones, and everything is hot, with plenty of choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 9, 6 kids aged 2-11. After a cold walk on the beach we ventured in the back entrance to find an indoor soft play area, ideal that was the kids happy giving us time to stand (unfortunatly busy so not enough seating in the play area) and enjoy a coffee. We then went into the main bar to eat. We had a spacious table ideal with the kids, we ordered our food mainly Jacket potatoes which took about 1hr to arrive, but good when they did. All round happy punters. Was not keen on the dogs in the food areas but I guess being near the beach this is needed.
I would go back and eat, plesebt atmosphere, friendly staff and nice food.

• Stayed March 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I found this rather a strange place,the outer appearance looks nothing special , once inside the bar area is well done out with plenty of seating and seems to attract the younger generation,families and more mature people which all adds up to a rather strange atmosphere ! putting this aside , they do a carvery twice a week at £5.95 each on Thursday and Saturday which is good value in this area , otherwise the menu seemed rather expensive for what you got . The carvery meal we had was not bad at all with a selection of two meats and vegatables which couyld not be complanied about .

Been to Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!