“Lovely food, great atmosphere and excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Abergele, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, great atmosphere and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited here for my husbands birthday. We decided on meals from the set menu as it was good value. The food was lovely and the best garlic bread we've ever had. The atmosphere was also very nice and the staff were attentive and very friendly (especially the Portuguese waiter). This is now my favourite Italian restaurant in the area and I look forward to returning in the new year.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Bolton
“Food great, just a couple of niggles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can't disagree with anyone about the food and service here, it's great. But I do have a couple of niggles. Firstly having mobility issues the layout isn't ideal, seating upstairs with toilets nearby, seating downstairs with no toilets nearby and secondly the rushed feeling you have if you are there early for a meal. If you haven't finished by 8 pm, I felt it was made clear that I had out stayed my welcome. I know they have two sittings early and late, but surely there can be some scope for people who may want to eat at 7 and take there time. Just a thought.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Intimate Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great ambience, great food prepared by the owner-special requests never a problem, very reasonably priced considering the extensive and high quality menu. Staff exceptional.

Visited October 2013
Gwynedd, United Kingdom
“Smashing ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went there on a Friday evening , what a lovely place great staff . Had a pasta dish the better half is a veggie she was very happy with her food thank god for that . The chef is like the chef of the muppets comes round smiling love the bell ringing when the food is ready to be served . Worth another visit soon

Penrhyndeudraeth, United Kingdom
“Felt right at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I rang to book a table for that night and were told they were fully booked but we could sit downstairs if we wanted to. Once it was clear it wouldn't be among the beer barrels and old furniture I agreed :)

You have to go upstairs to let them know you're there (there's no sign telling you that, but it is quite obvious from hearing the noise of happy customers that you do).

Anyway, he told us we could eat upstairs as they'd probably be able to fit us in! The menu was very good and a lot for vegetarians too :)

I chose a vege starter from the specials menu, I wasn't keen but that was my fault not theirs. The pizza I had for the main was blooming gorgeous. My husband had garlic mushrooms for starters and enjoyed them. He then had spaghetti carbonara which he really enjoyed too.

The pudding was gorgeous, I had strawberry cheesecake with cream and he had tiramisu which he said could have done with a bit more alcohol in it (but lovely otherwise).

The only downside was the wine, they didn't have dry white wine so had to make do with medium dry which was ok I suppose.

The price reflects the quality of the food and staff so will go again :)