We stayed here after 4 nights at another budget resort so initial impression was this was absolutely lovely and clean. We were given a glass of juice on arrival. Nice touch.
We had a few issues with the room which i wrote to the hotel about once we returned and I am pleased they responded in a timely and fair manner.
We had a beach bungalow which was great. Kids could swim in the lagoon and we could see them from our deck. They did not enjoy the lagoon due to the large number of "Spotted Worm Sea Cucumber" lying in the water. Wish they were not there....Yuck! (averse to anything resembling snakes). Seeing the fish was amazing and so was the dolphin sanctuary. We took advantage of the free snorkel gear and took a ride to the nearby island (Motu). Enjoyable. They had a buffet/dinner performance which was too expensive (Everything in French Polynesia is expensive) but we enjoyed the show from the outdoor location we sat. I will commend the dinner staff of that night who accommodated us and 2 other families by helping us celebrate birthdays. It was impromptu and they brought us cake and candle to blow. It was very nice of them.
The concierge lady was helpful too and gave us good advice. This resort is exactly as I expected and I would not mind staying here again.
(Note: No kids club. No shops open on Sunday or lunchtime. Shopping center is 10-15 min walk. Smokers are everywhere, even restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia