I don't even know where to start but here goes -
I spent the best 11 days of my life at this property. We booked a Junior bungalow but because we purchased the ambassador membership, we were upgraded to a premium bungalow which was COMPLETELY overwater, like I had requested in my e-mails to the front desk staff. The room #514 was probably the best bungalow on the resort if not one of the top ones. THe views from the bungalow were breath-taking. I would wake up every morning just so I could watch the sunrise from my balcony. I have never felt so much at peace as I did while I Was this resort.
The breakfast every morning was great; filling. We ate at the hotel restaurants and bars quite a lot and our favorite were the burgers - my husband preferred the beef burger and me on the other hand, the Mahii-Mahi burger. While I was in Moorea I had a chance to scope out the other resorts and hands down, this is the best resort in Moorea in terms of offerings.
- Albert Tours is right across the street - where you can rent cars. They pick up straight from the hotel lobby for tours.
- Top Dive is on site
- Moorea paddle board adventures is on site
- You have a choice of eating from 3-4 places on site with the different restaurants and bar at the resort
- THe beach of course is right there and so is the kayak rental...
- Free snorkeling gear rental
- Best and largest pool on the island with its swim-up bar
- The Polynesian dance shows were awesome!!!
- The spa is on site as well and look amazing!
- Dolphin center is a fun place to just stand and watch the dolphins if you don't want to go swim with them
- Turtle rehab center was so peaceful and quiet - amazing to see the turtles in there
Basically, if you're staying at this resort, there is no way you can be bored. This resort has EVERYTHING you can want.
Our bungalow was adorable - huge! The bathroom was spacious, the bed was so comfortable, the living room was spacious as well and the balcony was well my favorite part :) So clean! The housekeeping did a tremendous job tidying the place up everyday…loved the welcome gifts we got as soon as we arrived!
I don't mean to write a novel (I probably already have) and want to wrap this up but just wanted to take a moment to thank some individuals at the resort who felt like family after being there for 11 days:
- Corrine from the Front desk: thank you for your generosity and hospitality throughout the stay. It was lovely to see your smiling face whenever we walked by the lobby. You had a solution to all of our problems and needs - you are a gem!
- Rest of the front desk team - you guys rock! Thank you for being so attentive to our needs and for always welcoming us with a warm smile whenever we walked by the lobby. It was very much appreciated!
- Karim from F&B: you made us feel like we were really at home for the 11 days we stayed there. Thank you for giving us one-on-one attention and really getting to know us. Your warm and friendly demeanor made us feel like we were right at home the entire time and could go to you for anything we wanted and you would make it happen. Special thank you for making Adam's birthday special with the delicious cake you arrange by the pool side! Also, Nicolas, you were wonderful dear. Very patient and understanding of our needs…and with a great sense of humor! The hospitality industry was made for people like you :)
- The All-Star Concierge team: Yumi, Adrien, Olivier and Josiane - I don't have words to describe how wonderful each and every one of you are. I wouldn't think twice to say you're the best concierge team on the island of Moorea. So knowledgable, so helpful and just such NICE and good-hearted people! Each and every one of you was readily available whenever my husband or myself needed help and we greatly appreciated that. Thank you so much for everything you guys did for us - you had a big role in making this the best trip of our lives.
- To the entire team at Intercontinental Moorea: you guys are wonderful and are awesome at what you do. Keep doing what you do and you'll have many happy guests like myself and my husband. I didn't get a chance to meet the GM of the property but I would like to say that you are a very lucky GM to have such a wonderful team of individuals at the resort representing the IC name and brand. Each and every person had a smile on their face whenever I looked at them - from the housekeeping team to maintenance and from the helpful bell staff to the servers at the restaurant: I NEVER saw anyone NOT smiling and that in itself says a lot about your operations and property.
Thank you to EVERYONE at the Intertcontinental Moorea for making this a dream vacation for me and my husband. We enjoyed each and every moment of it and will never forget the days we spent at your property. You all really made my dream come true and this vacation was everything I had expected and MORE, because of the effort put in by you all. I have been back for a week now and still when I close my eyes, I can smell that special scent of Moorea, feel the sun on my skin and hear the birds chipping and the waves gushing towards me. I think I have the French Polynesian flu and will need to come back :)
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea s widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.