- Free kayak and snorkel gear rental
- Good location for snorkel and dive excursions - close to the stingrays and sharks
- Small store across the street that sells beverages and snacks at relatively reasonable prices (emphasis on small - it looks like it used to be much bigger at one point). They also offer excursions and will negotiate to lower prices compared to the Intercontinental.
- There was a lizard waiting for us inside the room when we checked in.
- One of the robes had a red stain along the sleeve - we placed it on the floor and it was taken away but never replaced.
- The staff left us a dirty rag on the table one afternoon.
- The staff never replenished our toiletries.
- Expect a lot of noise in the overwater bungalows (not sure what it's like in other room types), as there are shutters on the windows but no glass. The birds and other creatures are very loud and festive at night.
- The AC unit is positioned such that there will be a draft right in your face the whole night as you sleep.
These may seem nitpicky but this is not what one expects to encounter at the Intercontinental. Quite disappointed with our stay. We met with other travellers who stayed at the HIlton and Sofitel and loved it so we'll be checking those out if we ever return to Moorea!